Genoa-based boutique shipyard, Tankoa Yachts, is excited to announce the latest addition to their line-up: the 50m (164’) motor yacht S501 project. Superyacht S501 project has been beautifully penned by bespoke Francesco Paszkowski. Full project details and 3D movie of Project S501 will be officially released at the 2014 Monaco Yacht Show in September.
Following the construction contract for their 69.4 meter yacht S693, due for delivery in July 2015, Tankoa benefited in the tremendous interest of the brokerage community as well as directly from Yacht-Ology’s clients who came to Genoa to visit what is considered a new “case history” in the Italian yachting industry.
The increasing attention given to Tankoa Yachts allowed Yacht-Ology to spot the substantial demand for a 50 meter/499 GT yacht with modern design, the latest trends in amenities and top-notch engineering. So far, four clients have shown a solid interest for this new model that will be available with two different hull designs.
In its full displacement version, the S501 yacht will be capable of a 16 or 18 knot top speed, depending on the chosen power package, while in its semi-displacement variant, she will be capable of 27 knots.
Both versions will be entirely built in aluminum light alloy 5083.
TANKOA S501, PACKAGE AND PHILOSOPHY
The S501 superyacht has been created around fundamental layout criteria and technical parameters collected from yacht owners, captains, surveyors and engineers. The genesis of the project did not rise from a specific design idea. At this stage, Francesco Paszkowski received the list of non-negotiable items that had to be part of the new project, which he drew in accordance to his style and special feel.
The main parameters that were given to the designer and ended up being an integral part of the project:
– Simple administration and reduced management cost. The S501 superyacht’s displacement will be kept under the 500 Gross Tons mark.
– Reasonable consumption. The S501 hull – even in its full displacement version – will be built in light alloy to reduce weight and the need for kW at a given speed. Three power packages will be offered for respective top speeds of 16, 18 and 27 knots.
– Amenities. Under both technical and layout aspects, the S501 concept derives from the principle that form follows function. While most of the 50 meter yachts available on the market are evolutions of existing models, with new “trends” in equipment and amenities fitted at a later date, the S501 yacht has been conceived and engineered around the modern amenities.
– Design within 499 GT. The choice of Francesco Paszkowski was a natural fit considering the long lasting relationship between the star designer and Tankoa’s executives. His mission was clear: to design a breath-taking yacht that would allow the integration of all modern equipment and amenities while maximizing guest and owner space while staying at 499 GT.
– Hull design from cruise ships. The hull design has been assigned to Massimo Visibelli whose work is famous in the cruise ship industry. He is also considered an eminent design expert of hydrofoil hulls.
– Running comfort. Most clients are concerned about silence and running comfort. For these reasons, S501 has been designed with a modified plumb bow, a wide hard chine and high free board to minimize spray when at speed.
– Enjoying the sea. Another widespread desire of yacht owners is to enjoy the sea around them. For this reason, the Tankoa S501 yacht is equipped with hydraulic lateral foldout terraces on the aft deck, floor to ceiling windows in the dining room, safety-glass balconies aft, sliding side windows in the dining room, foldout balconies in the master cabin, and a panoramic view of the sea from wherever owners or guests may be seated.
– Extended outdoor spaces. Three huge sun pads and three external dining areas are part of the initial design package offered with the luxury yacht S501. A swimming pool may also be included in the package.
– Oversized teak-finished tender garage for a 6,50 meter RIB, that converts to a real beach-club once the transom door is opened.
TANKOA 50 METRE SEMI DISPLACEMENT YACHT S501 PROJECT – SHORT SPECIFICATIONS
Length overall: 50.00 mt – 164’
Beam: 9,20 mt – 30’4”
Draft full loaded: 2,50 mt – 8’3”
GRT: Approx. : 499 GT
Displacement (Full Load): Approx. 380 t
Fuel Capacity: 75.000 lts – 19.813 US Gallon)
Fresh water: 15.000 lts – 3.960 US Gallon)
Classification: Lloyds + MCA
Engines: 2 x MTU 1,432 KW @ 2.450 rpm
Propulsion: Twin shaft propellers (5 blades)
Generators: 2 x 125 kW + Emergency Generator
Max Speed: 18 Kts
Cruise Speed: 14 Kts
Range @ 11 knots: 4.500 n.m.
Stabilization: Zero speed stabilizer
Bow Thruster: 100 Kw
Hull and superstructure: light alloy 5083
Designer: Francesco Paszkowski Design
Naval architecture: Massimo Visibelli