The Boat International Media’s ShowBoats Design Awards aims to honour the best-of-the-best design ideas in the super yachting industry. A large number of world-renowned designers and shipbuilders, along with young and inspiring yacht designers participate in the event each year to join in the glamour and celebration. This year the winners of the Boat International Media’s ShowBoats Design Awards brought home the Gold Neptune Trophies, with some of them winning multiple awards in various categories. Here are the designers who have made a great impression on the yachting industry:
1. Best Exterior Design & Styling Award – Motor Yacht above 48m
2. Best Exterior Design & Styling Award – Motor Yacht below 48m
3. Best Exterior Design & Styling Award – Sailing Yacht
4. Best Interior Layout & Design – Motor Yacht above 500GT
Luxury superyacht Cloudbreak 72.3m is a magnificent vessel in the yacht fleet of Abeking & Rasmussen. Thanks to her interior designer Christian Liaigre, Cloudbreak has won the best interior layout and design award.
5. Best Interior Layout & Design – Motor Yacht below 500GT
6. Best Interior Layout & Design – Sailing Yacht
7. Best Naval Architecture – Displacement Motor Yacht
8. Best Naval Architecture – Semi-Displacement or Planing Motor Yacht
9. Best Naval Architecture – Sailing Yacht
The breath-taking 85-metre sailing yacht AQUIJO (Hull Y711/Hull 3069, Project 85) by Oceanco and Vitters is a massive all-aluminium ketch-rigged vessel, with the launch in 2015. Naval architect: Bill Tripp
10. Most Innovative Motor Yacht
Genesi 47m by Wider received the highest possible score from RINA for her class leading low levels of noise and vibration. The fantastic group of professionals and designers worked on the construction of Genesis: her Naval architecture is by Fulvio de Simoni / Wider Engineering & Sydac, interior design is by Ideaeitalia and exterior styling is a work of Fulvio de Simoni.
11. Most Innovative Sailing Yacht
One of her innovative features includes an all-carbon versatile rig that can set a pin head main for cruising or a square-top offering more sail area for racing. My Song 39.6m by Baltic Yachts was designed by Nauta design, who also took care of her interior. Reichel-Pugh Yacht Design was responsible for the yacht’s naval architecture.