Caribbean Yacht Charter Reviews
How did our charter clients review the Caribbean as a yacht charter destination after their recent yacht rental holiday there? Below, you can read their comments from the last recent Caribbean season.
Also, The British Virgin Islands have their own separate reviews here.
- It was always my plan for such a large charter yacht to be a one-time experience on this milestone birthday, but I have caught the big boat bug, so perhaps our paths will cross again next year!?
SY PTARMIGAN / British Virgin Islands / January 14 – 21
- Amanda, Great trip. Heads up ... I wired you another sum to top off the crews gratuity. Thanks for getting it to them.
DIAMOND GIRL / Union to St. Vincent Grenadines / March 3 – 8
- Dear Martha, First and foremost this is to let you know that all eight of us thoroughly enjoyed our 9 days aboard S/Y Taboo which was largely due to Miranda’s commitment to seeing that the charter was seamlessly delivered with a positive attitude. Miranda led from the front and was an equally competent seaman as she was cook. We consider that the pride that Miranda and David take in ensuring that S/Y Taboo is properly maintained ensures that intrusive break downs are minimised. Miranda has trained up her young crew, Sam and Julia so that they support her in running the yacht and they interfaced well with us the charter guests ensuring that we lacked nothing. Regards
S/Y TABOO / St Lucia – Grenada / 27 Jan – 5 Feb
- Amanda, We loved the trip. Mischa and Lenny were a great crew, the perfect pair. Loved the Ohana, fantastic boat for 6 people. Food was fabulous. Overall satisfaction was a 10 on a scale of 1-10, we don't have any suggestions on how it could have been better. Hope to travel with them again. The diving worked out very well, rendezvous diving was fine. Given the amount of diving we wanted to do, 3 days, we did not need tanks etc. on board. Certification process for two of our group was just fine. Blue Water Divers (first 2 days) were better than Jost Van Dyke dives. But that's really just about dive sites. We'd definitely do this again. Just like to do different things so next time, we'd probably do the Bahamas.
M/Y OHANA / March 12 – 19 / British Virgin Islands
- Amanda, The trip was amazing. We have all good things to say about the crew and boat. We can give further feedback when we have a moment. Thank you!
GLADIUS / SXM / December 28, 2017 – January 5
- Amanda, we had a great time. One of our best vacations ever. The yacht was in great condition and kept up well. Overall relative to Miracle it was in much better condition. The crew was great and they were always flexible looking to try to make our experience was a great one. Except for a rough ride from Anguilla to St Barth’s, there is nothing to complain about at all. Going into that, Kemuel warned us it would be bumpy so we had full disclosure and charged ahead. It was a truly great time. Thanks
LADY CARMEN / SXM / December 21 – 28
- Oh, my goodness, Trina, it was fabulous!!!! I really can’t imagine a more incredible experience. I don’t think the Queen is provided better service, food, or amenities. Yet all in a very friendly, comfortable environment. It was everything we had ever hoped a charter experience would be.
- We WILL be scheduling another charter through you. Thank you so much for making this opportunity available! My best,
STARFISH / Britsh Virgin Islands / Feb
- Trina, Regarding our cruise and Sorana this is what I can give you as feedback: we had ok weather with the sky (some rains and grey skies sometimes) but this was ok and expected, but we had quite unusual (moderately) strong winds - especially when cruising between the islands of course and the flybridge on Sorana did not help the global balance of the boat both while cruising and sometimes while mooring... we had already experienced 2 or 3 times Princess boats and had a better memory of stability... a catamaran is much more stable of course especially while mooring, and due to these winds we could almost not enjoy the flybridge even when mooring. Regarding the boat itself: not brand new but very well maintained, large master and vip cabin, so perfect for a family of 4 (only our 14yo younger son had the small twin cabin but he did not complain too much!!!). Great crew - Jean Marc (the captain) knows the region very well and the boat perfectly since he is responsible for it all year long. Marie (cook/maid/hostess) knows also both the region and the boat very well since she works on a yearly basis on the boat too, she is very efficient at everything (maid, assistant for the captain and cook). They were both very flexible about everything (itinerary was not optimal because we had to cruise North couple of times but Jean Marc was flexible about it), Marie could prepare us a short notice dinner for 6 people (friends of the other boat), and we could host a 14 people cocktail + snacks also that thrilled our guests - her food was great from the start to the end (I came back with at least 4-5extra pounds...) As a result I left them the APA balance + extra tip - they looked very happy about it. If you have any other specific questions, then feel free to ask.
MUSTIQUE / Caribbean - December
- Hi Trina, we had a great time. It was the first trip for that boat coming out of the yard so there were some hiccups with water leaking and the TV working properly, but all in all, the crew did a great job.Jordan is a great young captain and has assembled a nice team. The food was good and healthy which is what I requested. My expectations were met and I would recommend them to a friend if I had the chance.
PURA VIDA / St Barth’s / December
- Trina: Our charter aboard Whispers II was an unqualified success. Not only did Whispers II meet my expectations, but Noel and Patricia were exceptional. A bit of research on boats and trust in the charter company can be, to a significant degree, determined on line. But the crew comes with the boat, and there’s nothing much one can do in that regard. That only makes their performance that much more special to us. It did rain more often that my recollection, but that was about it. Indeed, I had expected significantly more traffic since my last Grenadines trip 9 years ago, specially coupled with the unfortunate destruction further north. But we had several anchorages all to our self, and other shared others with less than a ½ dozen boats. And it would be less than fair not to thank you for your almost instant availability, sound advice and prompt answers to issues not immediately at hand. I’m not sure when or exactly in what manner we might do this again, but if so my first and only call will be to Charter World. Thanks.
WHISPERS II / Grenadines / December
- Amanda, We could use those "warm' regards - it was -1 when we got home last night! Our holiday on McGregor exceeded our expectations; which says a lot considering how excited we were for this vacation! The McGregor was beautiful - so lovely and well maintained. The pictures of the interior of the boat didn't do justice to the gorgeous wood! We had a blast and Tim did a great job of helping us to set an itinerary each day. The girls loved diving with Tim and snorkeling was definitely everyone's favorite! Tim and Julie both went above and beyond and made us feel really special. Julie's food was out of this world! She did a great job of serving meals that everyone loved - and they were healthy!! As a family with 2 in college (and full-time jobs during the summer) and 1 busy in high school we really don't share meals very often. Meal time was my favorite time - we enjoyed delicious food that everyone loved and we ate together (AND I didn't have to cook!). At the end of our stay Tim asked us if we had any suggestions. We thought hard about it and we honestly couldn't think of a single thing that would have made our trip more special (well, Libby did say she couldn't get enough of Julie's bread:). My only frustration was my own fault... I'm ashamed to say I over packed. If only I stuck to your packing list!! Thank you once again for all your help. We look forward to working with you again as well!
M/Y McGregor / New Years / British Virgin Islands
- Amanda, Thanks for checking in. We are home safe and sound after a most wonderful vacation. Tara, Grand and Tyler were beyond fantastic! Please let the owners know what a wonderful crew they have found. A life time of memories :) We are already talking about when we can go again…although it would be hard to top our experience with Tara, Grant and Tyler! I will be in touch and would love your suggestions on other locations to sail around the same time of year in other parts of the world. We are hooked. Take care and Happy New Year!
FOXY LADY / British Virgin Islands / December 27 – January 3
- Hi Reia and Sally, I just wanted to say thank you for organizing La Manguita charter and let you know that we had fabulous time. The crew was the most professional, and the yacht was so well taken care of. They make great food too. I would say this was the best managed yacht I've seen. Thank you again for arranging the wonderful charter.
La Manguita / ST Martin and Britsh Virgin Islands / Jul 7 - 11
- Dear Sally, It was really fantastic, my friends are astonished, the captain Darrin is a great man, even though he is very young, and Desire put love in each dish. We feel very lucky of our choice of Mimzy. Thank you Sally, we are really happy. S/Y MIMZY / March 26 - Apr 2 / Britsh Virgin Islands
- Hi Sally, The trip was simply fantastic, start to finish! I can't say enough about how well we were taken care of by Ben and Elizabeth. They were lovely hosts and provided top notch food, drinks and service! The boat was beautiful, clean and very well equipped. Ben gave us daily suggestions on where to go and what and to do and they were always spot on. And the food, OMG it was like eating every meal in a 5 star restaurant - healthy, delicious and something different every night. Elizabeth was superb! The weather was also perfect, though I hesitate to give the crew full credit for that. In short, we feel we really lucked out with the selection of the Sea Anemone as it would be impossible to believe a better choice could have been made. This boat and crew are the best! I'll let you know when we're headed back! S/Y SEA ANEMONE / Mar 12 - 20 / BVI
- Trina, everyone enjoyed themselves. The boat was perfect and the captain and crew were some of the best I have been around. I would definitely recommend this boat and crew to anyone else. I suspect we will be contacting you next year to do it again. M/Y COCKTAILS / March / British Virgin Islands
- Hi Amanda, We had a magnificent time. We loved everything about our charter. It was perfect for the 2 of us. The captain and his crew were friendly and respectful. The chef Danielle was truly amazing and gifted. By far the best chef we have ever had on a charter and world class for any restaurant. Benito was also the best dive master we ever had. So good we may try to hire him for other excursions. The only thing even though the boat is first class is it’s a little tight. But for diving it was perfect it was a benefit as we could just dive right from the boat and it could get to all the places without us needing to go by tender. Thank you for introducing us to these wonderful people. We enjoy working with you very much. Have a wonderful holiday season!
Powercat FOREVER / CANCUN / December
- Dear Martha, All went very well indeed, my family and guests had a most enjoyable time on board. Crew was very professional and always eager to help or assist. The boat is in very good condition, all working properly. Thank you for all your support in arranging this charter, well done. Yours Sincerely.
UNBRILDED Caribbean / August 6 – 10
- Hi Trina, Thanks for the below. Great week on Twilight. I can't speak highly enough about the boat and the crew. They are really fantastic. Thanks again for this past week. M/Y TWILIGHT / March 2017 / Caribbean
- Hi Sally, The yacht was/is beautiful. A real modern classic and she sails well in the open sea. Ken was really great, as was the chef Stefano. All in all, we had a wonderful week, and this trip I got to stay the whole time. Thanks for your help with everything. S/Y AURELIUS / Mar 11 – 18 / Grenadines
- Dear Sally, Thank you once again for arranging our charter with Bones and Anna on Emily Morgan! We had a really lovely time. I know a little bit about “customer service” and can tell you Anna and Bones are naturals, it is clear they really enjoy looking after their guests. Nothing was too much trouble, and they really went out of their way to try to ensure we had the best possible holiday. They are just lovely genuine people who are people lovers as well as boat lovers… some might say a rare combination! Emily Morgan is a beautiful example of a classically designed sailing yacht. Extremely sturdy and seaworthy, as well as spacious and practical. She provides charterers with lots of space inside and out to lounge and relax, and a great platform to enjoy water sports and generally have fun on the water or ashore. She has been immaculately maintained by A&B, who are clearly very experienced sailors and engineers. The itinerary was somewhat curtailed by the weather and our own circumstances, but I am sure A&B made the most of what was available, they are very knowledgeable of the area we cruised allowing us to explore some beautiful secluded bays around Antigua. We can’t recommend them highly enough. S/Y EMILY MORGAN / Feb 22 – Mar 4 / Leeward Islands Caribbean
- Amanda – confirm that we had a great week. Yacht is in great shape, Ricky and crew were fantastic, accommodating and very patient with our sometimes crazy 20-somethings. Preparations and logistics were well handled. In fact, we would more likely seek another/subsequent charter with Ricky and as much of that crew as possible, rather than focusing on the yacht itself – they made the difference and I would be more than happy to recommend any of them to other guests and/or other owners looking for crew. Thanks for your help – was a great experience and may do something again along the same lines Regards, C / M/Y GO / April 27 – May 1 / St Martin, Caribbean
- We had a great time. This could be the shortest charter on record. I think we moved 2 miles. :)The reason we didn’t move much is because the wind and the location were awesome for kiting. We kited every day. When we were not kiting we went snorkeling, swimming and tubing. All in all, we had a great time. The crew was great. Great personality fit with our family. They were professional, yet casual and approachable. The food was great. Vicky is a very good cook who takes her craft very seriously and with great pride. I would recommend the Aoibh and the crew to a friend - that is probably the best thing I can say.
Brian S/Y AOIBH / March / Barbuda, Caribbean
- Hi Amanda, The charter was an amazing experience. The perfect celebration for a 60th B-day. Naom and Dalit were fantastic. I don't think it would be possible for them to provide a better experience. They were kind, patient, engaging, fun, concerned, thorough, and accommodating, I'm running out of superlatives! The food was great, the itinerary was great, the yacht was great, and even the weather cooperated to a certain extent. I asked the group on the last day if they would have changed anything, and they said no. I can only give you positives about the cruise, because there really were no negatives. We are already talking about a return visit, and would definitely plan the cruise around Naom and Dalit's availability and their yacht.. Thank you for all of your help. We will definitely steer our family and friends to you because of your excellent service. Thanks again. PART 2 of the group: Hello Amanda, Last week I and my husband and eight friends partook of a weeklong sailing trip along with our hosts, Noam and Dalit aboard the Alive catamaran. We cannot say enough good things about those two and their professionalism, warmth, immense talent, their concern for each of us, the food!, their vast knowledge and skills, the beautiful boat that they lovingly care for and invite each of us to do the same, their knowledge of local history and trivia, their loving care and respect for the ocean and islands, their humor and incredible patience, and how they sought to accommodate all of our needs and strengths. We all fell in love with them and they made sure we had a wonderful time and partook of all the available activities. What an experience we won't soon forget. What a beautiful part of the planet. The whole package - boat, captain and co-captain, food and location made for the perfect, fantastic vacation. Thank you so much!!! S/Y ALIVE / British Virgin Islands / July 30 – Aug 6
- Trina, coming into the trip we had extremely high expectations for the yacht and the trip, I can say without any reservation that all our expectations have been completely blown away. The yacht itself was breathtaking, the accommodations in every room were wonderful. The route that that the captain laid out was also perfect, we enjoyed all our destinations. But above all, the crew was amazing. Captain Mauricio was a professional in every regard, not only did he always make us feel safe, but he made sure to accommodate every request. We felt like we were on a trip with friends, from Victor's cooking to JP's polite and funny attitude, to Alyssa's professionalism, the trip felt like we had 4 more friends on it. Please pass along my sincere thank you to the crew and the owner of the boat, not only for a great trip, but also for 4 new friends. -- DC
- Great boat but even better crew. Our vacation could not have been the same without them.
El Capitan (Mauricio) is extremely knowledgeable of the area and made us feel safe at sea and on land. Victor prepared amazing meals, always fresh and very diverse. The highlight for me was a sopa de Cameroons. Juan Pablo was incredibly attentive to all our needs, always hustling to make sure we were having a great time. True professionals, but more importantly by the time we left we all felt like true friends. -- MH
What an outstanding trip. Not only was the boat perfect but Captain Mauricio and his crew made everything even better. From their constant attention to detail to their kindness and overall generosity they made each day better than the next. They took the trip to a whole other level. Could not have asked for anything better. Thanks again." -- HS
The crew for Forever was beyond amazing, they were friendly and extremely helpful with every part of our vacation. They really made us feel like it was our boat, and after we finished we felt like we were great friends. -- SW
First class is the best way to describe the crew on board the Forever yacht. The team, led by Captain Mauricio, was professional, fun, welcoming and provided an absolutely fantastic atmosphere for a great vacation. The food was superb and the drinks were always tasty (and no shortage!). My group had an amazing trip and it all started with the crew. Thank you all so much and I hope that we can use the boat and the crew for a future voyage! – DK / M/Y CATAMARAN FOREVER / Cancun / February
- Amanda, we had a great time! Evan & Mikal were amazing.
When I have time I'll write you a formal review but in
Short the yacht and crew were great! Thank you for
S/Y LOTUS / Caribbean January
- Dear Sally, The yacht was in tip-top condition (effectively new) and fitted out to the highest standard. The master cabin was spacious and comfortable, but shared a head and shower with the starboard side twin cabin. The port side twin cabin had its own head and shower, but very restricted headroom for one of the bunks. The galley and dining area was roomy, light and had excellent views, whilst the cockpit external dining area (which we used most of the time and seated 6 in comfort) was really luxurious and seemed unique in a yacht of this size. The bimini gave sun and rain protection and could be stowed away in seconds. The swimming deck was easy to deploy and access and the water maker was a real luxury – there was always plenty of fresh water. The front sun deck was a nice feature, especially when coming into port, and the rear rail seating was comfortable and safe even when cruising fast at a 25 degree heel.
Overall, we didn’t see another yacht in 12 days of cruising that offered the comparable quality of fit-out, an equivalent entertaining space and top-level sailing qualities. We were quite proud to be on it, actually – a real peach. The crew: this was the first charter Jan and Alma had done together on Mojeka. They were keen to please and that created a very positive impression right from the start. At the same time, they were obviously working out how to operate together effectively and that was quite charming to observe. We felt they relaxed towards each other and to us in the course of the charter and we all had a lot of fun together as the trip progressed. Jan was a highly competent and experienced sailor with good practical skills around the boat, whilst Alma ( with limited sailing experience) was an imaginative and skillful cook who rose impressively to the challenge of organizing and cooking in a grand style in the restricted facilities available. Her menus always had a touch of the exotic which is exactly what we had hoped for. We established an on-board routine of expansive breakfasts, then either a big lunch or dinner on board and the other meal ashore, which suited everyone fine. We particularly liked Alma’s cheery disposition, always on display and especially at mealtimes! Jan took his responsibility as captain very seriously and his lack of experience in these waters made him rightly cautious in selecting anchorages and planning courses. He also had to allow for the very limited sailing experience of the charter party. We would enjoy sailing with him in waters he knows well and this may be something we plan on doing in the future. The Charter
A charter of a big, modern yacht over Christmas and New Year was always going to be expensive and this charter certainly ticked that box. However, the overall quality and delivery was excellent and there were no additional “nasty surprises” - the only extra charge was for the six bottles of top quality champagne which was ordered at our request, as agreed. The yacht and crew succeeded in fulfilling our (high) expectations and we would certainly consider chartering Mojeka with Jan and Alma again, perhaps in a different area of the Caribbean. Please pass on our thanks to the owner. We very much enjoyed his cocktail recipe “Mojeka Smile”, which encouraged us to burn through 6 bottles of rum on the trip. He can be confident in the crew he has operating Mojeka on his behalf – I am just sorry I didn’t fulfil his expectations in respect of my trumpet-playing skills. Thanks also for your help and advice. S/Y MOJEKA / Dec 22 – Jan 4 / Grenadines
- Sally, happy new year to you too! Trip was awesome. We enjoyed every element of it - boat, crew, itinerary, BVIs, food, weather. The boat is in impeccable condition and sails brilliantly - for a luxury cruising boat it is unusually light, agile and quick. Simon, Ash, Mariannes and Richard were professional, friendly, flexible, highly competent, very responsible on spending, and took enormous pride in showcasing the boat 'as new' to us every day. They also made a particular effort to accommodate and tailor the trip to the needs of our kids. Simon sets a very high standard in everything that he does and is simply a skipper of the highest quality! I could not recommend boat or crew highly enough. Sally - thanks to you too for your help and guidance in organizing such a memorable charter and holiday. I look forward to working with you again.
S/Y PTARMIGAN / BVI / New Year
- Trina, Thank you for your note following up on our trip. We just arrived home and sadly, it is 42 and raining as opposed to 80 and sunny in St Thomas. I will happily give you feedback on our trip and please feel free to share it with the owner. Overall, we had a tremendous time and the trip exceeded our expectations. The boat: Wow, what a beautiful sailboat. It had just come out of the yard for an extensive series of repairs and the boat was in beautiful shape. The boat was spotless when we got on board and she really was beautiful sitting in the marina. I had never sailed a Swan before and my family loved every minute we sailed. We sailed to windward for the first 5 days followed by two decent downwind legs to end the charter. The boat sails like a dream and we were regularly sailing at 8-10 knots with great ease. As a long time sailor, I really appreciated how graceful a sailboat she is. My sons were in heaven. The crew: The crew had only been together for a short period and this was their first charter together. In fact, I think they picked up the boat only a week or so before the crossing. As such, there were a few very minor kinks that they were working out none of which were problems. Ben was an outstanding captain. A skilled sailor who did a really nice job of balancing safety first with the desire to ensure we had a good experience. He was always smart about having the right amount of sail up and only in one very minor squall did we have too much sail out. We were active participants in all aspects of the sail including preparing the boat for sailing, skippering, sheeting, and putting away all the gear afterwards. He was also very flexible on our route and we determined the next day’s sale each night depending on weather forecast and desire of our family. I happen to know the area pretty well and that helped. Edmund was still learning how best to work with Ben but he was always the first one up, the boat was spotless due to his efforts, and he was friendly, inclusive, and got along fabulously with my kids. Katie was a remarkable cook and Simone was the friendlies stewardess we could imagine. We ate like kings and they both made us feel incredibly comfortable. They are both true professionals and Simone in particular did a remarkable job of making us feel comfortable at the same time she was clearing and preparing the cabins. She always had a smile on her face and a happy demeanor. She worked hard but always seemed relaxed and happy. We really enjoyed getting to know them. It is amazing how fast a week can go by but this trip exceeded our high expectations both in terms of how magnificent the boat is but really due to how great the crew was. None of us wanted to leave. I am not sure when we will charter again but if we decide to, we will certainly reach out to you. You were great to deal with and helped make our family vacation a true success. Take care. SY PTARMIGAN / New Year / Caribbean
- Hello Reia, I've had the best charter on Sorana. Main reason was that I was by myself. And the crew were the happiest crew I've seen on any other yachts. The cuisine prepared on the yacht was prepared for my requested style and taste. The area was fantastic. I like it more than St.Barts area. The nature was beautiful, and the whole area was very serene. Thank you very much for arranging this charter for me, Reia. M/Y SORANA / Caribbean Windwards / July
- Dear Sally, We had a wonderful time on Synchronicity. I have to say we were a bit anxious as it was our first experience with a chartered boat (we are more used to renting bareboat).
Everything went very well, but the most appreciated of all was how Rui and Denise have taken good care of us. From the beginning to the very last minute, they have made sure we felt at ease and had a great time. Synchronicity offers a good accommodation and her classic design brings style and comfort at sea as well as at moorings.
All went smoothly thanks to Rui and Denise professionalism in both hosting us and making sure we had a nice and safe cruise. Rui is a great skipper to sail with. He found the right balance for the family and great spots to stay. Denise's cooking is just incredible. Our French palates were delighted at the high standard of here cuisine. Both have great personalities and definitely know how to run a chartered boat with discretion and efficiency. Their attention to guests was highly appreciated.
Thanks to them this family holiday has surpassed all our expectations and we are keen to embark on another chartered boat in the future.
S/Y SYNCRONOCITY / Leeward Caribbean / New Year’s
- We loved it. I am really jammed with work and I hope you have had a chance to talk to Mary. The crew was great the food good and they worked really, really hard to make sure we had a great time.
SY AOIBH / British Virgin Islands / New Year
- Trina, Both the family side and friend side of the trip had a fabulous time. The crew was terrific. They were engaged with guests in all activities and truly seemed to enjoy themselves. Chef Lulu was phenomenal. We did a lot of water sports including snorkeling, seabobs, rope swing, slide, boating etc. and the crew really like to be engaged in these activities. While this is my first charter so I don’t have any crew to compare, my wife and I and all of my guests would give them high ratings. Let me know what more I can tell you about the crew.
- The yacht was spectacular. The layout, furnishings, atmosphere and amenities were amazing (except not having sea bobs, but I am pretty sure the owner is going to buy some seabobs as the guests and crew absolutely loved them!). It seemed every other boat had yacht envy as they were always circling the yacht! We did see Seahawk and Rose Hearty which was fun. The BVI itinerary worked well and Captain Simon was very flexible on what we wanted to do. New Year’s Eve could not have worked out any better.
- Best vacation that a whole lot of money can buy!
S/Y PERSEUS / BVI / New Year’s
- Hi Nicolas
We had a super time on Ellen
Capt Pablo was most professional but extremely welcoming and made us
Feel completely at home and a truly fascinating individual
The whole crew were excellent but the senior stewardess, Aurelia, was a real gem and made a real difference tour stay... A major asset to the boat
It definitely rates as our best every charter in the last 12 years
The boat was beautifully appointed and equipped
The food was of a high standard it strayed a little from our requests but all in all
Was very well done
We would charter her again in a heartbeat
S/Y ELLEN / XMAS / Caribbean