This year’s Monaco Yacht Show saw Horacio Bozzo from the Italian Design and Engineering Company Axis Group Yacht Design reveal his new 88 meter (288 feet) motor yacht Helios concept. Helios superyacht has been designed in exclusive for the Benetti ‘Design Innovation Project’.
Megayacht HELIOS represents the latest take on Horacio Bozzo’s creative language: “The aim of the project was to design a superyacht that in spite of her size still looks as a family yacht”.
Helios yacht concept has clean, modern and sleek exterior lines. Massive superstructures have been avoided and ample exterior spaces with relaxing areas are disposed on her six decks.
Styling ideas such as the unusual location of the swimming platform stairs and the elegant waist are among the innovative features. The stairs have been shifted forward leaving an unobstructed balcony area right on the aft main deck. The low and wide hull shape in the stern evolves into an aggressive profile towards the bow giving a muscle look.
Luxury yacht HELIOS is an efficient full displacement motoryacht designed to accommodate 12+2 guests on board and 29 crew. Powered by twin 3516B Caterpillar engines of 2525 kW and controllable pitch propellers she can achieve 18+ knots with a trans-pacific range of 6000 nautical miles.
Superyacht News Related to "Axis Group designed 88m motor yacht HELIOS concept in exclusive for the Benetti ‘Design Innovation Project’ revealed at 2012 MYS"
- 54m superyacht Project Panorama by ISA Yachts with engineering by Axis Group Yacht Design
- Axis Group Yacht Design – Winner of the Best Yacht Designer in Asia for the Year 2012
- Motor yacht Essence by Kingship and Horacio Bozzo of Axis Group Yacht Design
- Feadship Future Concept 2012 to be revealed on the opening morning of the Monaco Yacht Show
- Kingship completes hull and superstructure of the 44m Green Voyager superyacht engineered by Axis Group Yacht Design