In response to growing demand for maxi yacht designs, Zuccon International Project is drawing on years of experience in the field to strategically expand its staff and set up an in-house team dedicated specifically to research and development in the area of megayacht designs.
Zuccon International Project began designing Superyachts with the 46M Al Fahed motor yacht, made of steel and aluminium by the Baglietto shipyard in Varazze. This was followed by other projects designing yachts of various sizes, adding to the Roman design studio’s experience in a variety of areas.
The studio has been working on more and more yachts of this type in the past decade, primarily with CRN Ancona, which has built many of its yachts and is currently completing the new 80 metre vessel that will be Zuccon International Project’s biggest motor yacht so far.
The studio has set up a new “MAXI YACHT” division for projects of this type. According to architect Gianni Zuccon, the decision is a result “of steadily growing demand for maxi yacht projects and ideas and the need to dedicate to these projects the professional skills, know-how and sensitivity required to respond to the complex specifications characteristic of products of this type.”
In line with the studio’s cultural policy, the new division will flank its highly specialised staff with its own in-house team to work on architecture, product design and research and development.
The company’s new structure will therefore be organised into five divisions which will interact on an ongoing basis, incorporating people with experience in several different areas who will all take turns participating in the division’s specific research projects.
Zuccon International Project’s new organisation includes:
- Civil Architecture Division: The organisation concerned with designing industrial buildings, office buildings, homes and interiors.
- Yacht Design Division: The division in charge of designing series and semi-series of leisure craft.
- Maxi Yacht Division: The new organisation focusing on large custom yachts.
- Product Design Division: The organisation concerned with development and design of consumer products and home furnishing components.
- Research and Development Division: The organisation concerned with the basics of design, the essential pillars underlying all the studio’s design work.
Founded in Rome in 1972 by the architects Gianni Zuccon and his wife Paola Galeazzi, Zuccon International Project are highly skilled multidisciplinary architects and industrial designers. Active in various sectors, designs for offices, residential architecture. Especially in the yacht industry they are considered a leading international design firm. Today, they are working extensively with six of the nine brands of the Ferretti Group.