The beautiful Caribbean is known for its fantastic weather and the many islands, reefs and cays close by. Only about 2% of the Caribbean Islands are inhabited so it makes a perfect habitat for wildlife like whistling ducks, pigs that swim, iguanas and monkeys. It’s also the ideal place for superyachts to anchor while passengers disembark and visit the many beautiful beaches. Here are the top ten beaches in the Caribbean:
1. Flamenco Beach, Puerto Rico – the water around this fabulous beach is very clear as there are no streams or rivers that empty into it. Flamenco Beach is 27 km to the east of Puerto Rico, situated on Culebra which is known as Snake Island. It’s a fantastic place to scuba dive, sunbathe and admire the amazing tree covered hills. This white coral beach is protected by the Department of Natural & Environmental Resources as a Marine Wildlife Reserve.
2. Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos – this gorgeous beach is a welcome haven for luxury yacht charter guests. Grace Bay is an idyllic place where there are few upscale properties and beach houses. It’s a well developed tourist destination with hotels and spa resorts right on the beachfront. With 12 km of pristine golden sandy beach along with turquoise and sapphire coloured waters, relax and chill out before climbing back onboard your superyacht.
3. The Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands – don’t forget your camera when you visit the Virgin Gorda beaches. There are unique geological formations which were created by the island’s volcanic history with lots of odd shaped granite rocks and boulders. The Baths are amazing warm pools in between these rocks and boulders where the sunlight glistens. You can walk through interconnecting pools using the makeshift ropes, ladders and planks, quite surreal.
4. Bathsheba, Barbadoes – iconic rocks, ancient reefs and great surfing opportunities can be found on the Bathsheba beach in Barbados. When the tide is low, pools form at the bottom of the rocks, ideal for cooling off or enjoying a rum punch. There’s a rum shop close by and a quaint church. Relax and recharge your batteries here before returning to your superyacht for your onward journey.
5. Shell Beach, St Barts Island – as the name implies, this charming beach in St Barts is full of pretty sea shells. It’s only a short walk from Gustavia Harbor, so make time to sit back, relax and watch the breathtaking sunsets. Why not collect some shells or for those who are fearless and energetic, cliff diving is a very popular sport here.
6. Harrismith Beach, Barbadoes – ask your captain to take you to Harrismith Beach, Barbados. This is where Tom Hanks made the film Castaway. Totally remote, beautiful and quiet, get back to nature in magnificent surroundings. It’s so peaceful here with only a ruin of an old plantation mansion sitting on top of the cliffs. Plenty of palm trees, white powdery sand and a few lagoons can be found here, keep this beautiful beach in the Caribbean a secret.
7. St Kitts – also known as St Christopher Island, St Kitts is beautiful and has magnificent views from the Brimstone Hill Fortress. The stunning deserted beaches entice many superyacht guests. There are also fringed reefs, unique flora, fauna and many salt ponds. You may even spot a pink flamingo! With its intoxicating natural beauty, warm waters, white sandy beaches and sunny skies, St Kitts has everything a top ten beach in the Caribbean should have.
8. Trunk Bay, St. John, US Virgin Islands – if you’re searching for paradise on earth, then this is it. Trunk Bay in the US Virgin Islands is a magnificent bay with a stunning beach. The silky white sand and clear waters make it a great place to soak up the sun and have a cool dip. Snorkeling equipment can be hired on the beach which is good news if you want to explore under the sea. A few facilities like a rustic beach shop, visitor center, picnic tables, barbecue grills, changing rooms and showers are also on the beach.
9. Little Bay, Anguilla – uncrowded and accessible by an easy trail hike or by boat, you’ll find Little Bay in Anguilla very interesting indeed. With its sheer cliffs and beautiful marine life, it’s a great location to snorkel, sunbathe or just play in the warm water. A magical bay with an unspoilt beach, it’s definitely worth making the effort to visit this gorgeous Caribbean beach.
10. Pink Sands, Harbour Island in the Bahamas – some of the world’s best beaches can be found here in the Caribbean. Private, luxury yacht charters are always present in the Bahamas to take passengers to Pink Sands. The name depicts the almost salmon colored sand during sunset, a most spectacular sight. Three miles long with soft sand and crystal clear waters, Pink Sands is protected by coral reef which makes the sea ideal for swimming in.
The yachting season in the Caribbean Islands is on its peak in winter. Secure your a luxury superyacht for charter now and enjoy the sunshine, warm waters and stunning beaches! While you relax and cruise on a superyacht assisted by a professional crew, cold, rain and snow will pass by, and the winter season will leave the best memories. Contact your preferred broker now.