There’s been a huge development in the building of yachts during 2015-2016. This is a list of the top 10 largest between 2015-2016.
Private yachts are getting bigger, more fuel efficient and even more luxurious. Large yachts are a symbol of wealth and sheer luxury, usually owned by millionaires or billionaires. They are specifically created, designed and built for leisure and entertainment. Depending on how large the yacht is, cinemas, ballrooms, beauty salons, spas and on deck sports facilities can all be included, now that’s the ultimate in luxury. Check out the following list of the top 10 biggest yachts in the world for 2015-2016:
1. The Eclipse – this is the world’s second largest and most expensive private yacht, valued at 860m Euros. Owned by Roman Abramovic, the famous Russian oligarch, the Eclipse was launched in 2010 and measures 536 feet long. 36 guests can comfortably stay on board along with 73 crew members. This impressive luxurious yacht has three helipads, two swimming pools, an armor plated master suite, a conference hall, dance floor, cinema and one mini submarine. Wow!!
2. Dubai – the beautiful 524 ft long vessel was built in 2006. It’s owned by Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum who is the Prince of Dubai and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates. The Dubai is a fantastically well-equipped yacht with a swimming pool, many luxurious rest areas, a restaurant and a helicopter pad. With plenty of splendid accommodation, she can comfortably take 70 guests as well as 40 crew.
3. Prince Abdul Aziz – another big yacht of the world for 2015-2016. Measuring 482 ft it was built in 1984. Designed to be fit for a king, the Prince Abdul Azia can accommodate 65 guests. This fine superyacht is decorated with every luxury imaginable and has a mosque, fully equipped hospital, cinema, a helipad, lavish swimming pool and a Jacuzzi on board. The on board restaurants are operated by experienced chefs while the interior has traditional and modern décor.
4. Azzam – this amazing 599 ft. yacht is owned by Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Navay. He is the Emir of Abu Dhabi and the President of the UAE. Worth 480 m Euros the Azzam is absolutely fantastic. With its Imperial French styled interior and 94,000 horsepower, this very large vessel can reach 30 knots or 56 kph. No luxury has been spared either in the many stately cabins or on the sumptuous decks.
5. Ocean Victory – a stunning seven deck superyacht which has six large swimming pools. Ocean Victory was built in Italy in 2014 and measures 459 feet in length. Veiled in secrecy, not much is known about the Ocean Victory, however you can be sure it is one most beautiful vessels ever to sail on the high seas.
6. Al Said – owned by Sultan Zaboos who is the Prince of Oman, the Al Said can speed along the waves at 25 knots flat out, with a cruising speed of 22 knots. This magnificent yacht can accommodate more than 70 guests and carry a crew of 154. The Al Said, 155.00 m (508.53 ft), has a large concert hall with a fifty piece orchestra, a cinema, helipad and many other luxurious facilities.
7. Topaz – the 147 metres (482 ft) Topaz is a German built superyacht and one of the most expensive yachts valued at 470 m Euros. Taking more than four years to complete, the interior which is sumptuous and luxurious, was decorated by Terence Disdale while the exterior was designed by Tim Heywood Design. The Topaz oozes charm and elegance, smartness as well as being simply beautiful.
8. Yas – one of the top 10 biggest yachts in the world for 2015-2016, the Yas was built in 1978. In 2011 it was re-launched as a much bigger yacht and now measures up to 462 ft. 60 guests can be accommodated comfortably. The Yas has all the modern amenities you could imagine onboard with a cinema, conference hall, spa salon, gym and a helipad. Now that is luxury.
9. El-Horriya – the seventh largest yacht in the world, this beauty is the world’s oldest yacht. She was built in 1865. El-Horriya is 478 ft in length and was originally made for an Egyptian King. Still in operation, the El-Horriya is now in the hands of the Egyptian Navy and used by the President of Egypt.
10. The Al Salamah – being the tenth biggest yacht in the world, the Al Salamah doesn’t stint on luxury. It has a beautiful swimming pool, helipad, cinema, spa, library, work out center and fully equipped hospital on board! Owned by Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, the Defense Minister and Prince of Saudi Arab.