McMullen & Wing proudly announce the launch of their latest new build explorer yacht BIG FISH. The mega yacht was moved from her construction shed over the previous weekend and positioned on the slipway and she touched the water shortly after 8am. Over the next 3 weeks the hardtop of yacht BIG FISH and her mast will be fitted, with the hand over to the owner in May.
The striking contemporary design of yacht BIG FISH is from Gregory C. Marshall Naval Architects. She is a 45m large volume steel and aluminum motor yacht that exemplifies the highest standards of design, construction, fuel-efficiency, safety and comfort.
Yacht BIG FISH was built ruggedly to ocean-going specifications, the full-displacement steel hull, and aluminum superstructure vessel is capable of a 10,000-mile range and three full months of independent cruising.
Big Fish is a bold and edgy long range expedition yacht; strong lines and streamlined surfaces coupled with her plum bow and make her highly efficient.
An abundance of glass meets you on every deck, dramatically different tender storage in a unique covered bow “hold”, fold-out beaches and stone decks all contribute to the array of innovative design features making this yacht a stand-out vessel in her size range.
Yacht Big Fish Specification Summary
Designer Gregory C. Marshall Naval Architects, of Canada.
Interior Design Gregory C. Marshall Naval Architects, Canada.
Hull Type Full Displacement
LOA 45.0m (147′ 7″) LWL 42.0m (140′ 9″) Beam 9.0m (29′ 6″) Draft 2.56m (8′ 5″)
Construction Steel Hull / Aluminum Superstructure
Displacement (1/2 load) 420,000kgs
Classification Germanischer Lloyd
Propulsion 2 x Caterpiller 3508B DI-Ta Engines, B-Rating
Generation 2 x KiloPak 125kw.
Fuel Capacity 92,000 Ltrs.
Freshwater Capacity 11,400 Ltrs.
– Tri-deck Passage maker with full width owner’s stateroom located aft on the bridge deck.
– Salon, Dining & Galley on main deck.
– 4 Guest Staterooms located on the Hull Deck with capability to convert to 2 x VIP full width staterooms.
– Accommodation for 9 crew members.
Some of yacht BIG FISH’s Features
– Fold-down aft ‘beaches’ combine to create a 37ft platform.
– Fold-down bulwarks amidships, allowing un-impeded views from inside.
– Much of the deck area is covered with infused stone.
– A 28ft tender stored under the foredeck.
– Extra-large ‘floor-to-ceiling’ windows to “bring the outside in”.
– LED lighting for reduced power consumption.
– Full height atrium stairwell provides access from the lower hull deck all the way to the flybridge.