The Chefs’ Competition has been a highlight of the Mediterranean Yacht Show (MYS), a five-day industry event that took place in Nafplion, Greece from the 4th to the 8th of May. Now in its sixth year, MYS displayed 102 registered luxury crewed charter yachts and there were 450 international brokers from 31 counties.
The Chefs’ Competition is split into two categories: Category A for luxury charter yachts charging up to €8,999 per day in the high season, and Category A Platinum for luxury charter yachts exceeding this amount under the same conditions. This year chefs needed to transform classic ‘street food’ into a flavourful gourmet experience.
Entries were judged by Angelos Lantos of 2-Michelin star restaurant Spondi in Athens, and Chef Thanos Stasinos, who has previously worked at Nikkei in Athens, Pacific in Monte Carlo and the Ritz Carlton in Valencia.
The Category A competition took place on Sunday the 5th and was also judged by Maarten Janssen, a veteran judge at the MYS. The winners were:
- First Prize: Chef Panagiotis Flakas – M/Y TACOS OF THE SEAS
- Second Prize: Chef Stergios Karantzias – M/Y SUNCOCO
- Third Prize: Chef Matthaios Divanes – M/Y ANDREA
- Tablescaping: Stewardess Christina Stathourou – M/Y TACOS OF THE SEAS
For the judging of Category A Platinum on Monday the 6th, Lantos and Stasinos were joined by broker Julie Bichon and the winners were:
- First Prize: Chef Konstantina Divoli – M/Y SOURAYA
- Second Prize: Chef Konstantinos Vlantikas – M/Y CELIA
- Third Prize: Chef Stelios Koutrouvelis & Thodoris Kokinakis – M/Y OURANOS
- Tablescaping: Chief Steward Vasilis Aronis – M/Y SOURAYA
Awards were presented at the MEDYS Lounge on Wednesday the 8th of May, the final evening of the Mediterranean Yacht Show.