British Virgin Islands Reviews
How did our charter clients review The British Virgin Islands (BVI) as a yacht charter destination after their recent yacht rental holiday there? Below, you can read their comments from the last recent season.
- Hi Amanda: Thought I would give you a quick note letting you know we all had a GREAT time aboard Suite Life. It moved to the top of our list of charter experiences. If you ever need a reference you are welcome to contact me directly. Thank you for your help. Thanks for all the pre-planning and the excellent hospitality that was matched by top-notch dining and activity options. All of us agreed that it was our best charter yet. The efforts of the crew made for a very relaxing and entertaining week. We are already missing the crew and our time aboard. Thanks again for everything. JF
SUITE LIFE / BVI / June 23-30, 2018/div>
- Oh, my goodness, Trina, it was fabulous!!!! I really can’t imagine a more incredible experience. I don’t think the Queen is provided better service, food, or amenities. Yet all in a very friendly, comfortable environment. It was everything we had ever hoped a charter experience would be. We WILL be scheduling another charter through you. Thank you so much for making this opportunity available! My best
STARFISH / Britsh Virgin Islands / Feb
- Trina, Thanks for checking in - I wanted to wait until I returned from the trip to let you know my comments. I will offer my comments below regarding the trip and crew, mainly as constructive input for you on future trips. Martin and Cari-Mari did a great job of attending to our needs and making sure we had what we needed - mostly. Their personalities are well suited for being a crew and they are very easy going. They quickly adjusted their "preferences" to accommodate our desires and needs (such as using the air conditioning in the evening). However, the one issue (while not a big deal - did create some lost time and angst). On ALL past charters I have been on someone from the crew either joined us when we went ashore or accompanied us when we snorkeled - either in the tender alongside of us or actually in the water helping locate fish or other interesting things to see.We have been on numerous charters and we both recognized the lack of service. I will admit - that we are both spoiled and are used to over the top service, so the problem could lie with us. All in all - a very successful trip. Hope this little bit of critique may help.Thanks for checking in.
YES DEAR / Britsh Virgin Islands / January
- Martha, The yacht was beautiful and the staff was very professional and friendly! I wanted to ask you if you can help us to find a yacht sometime in December. We wanted to explore Virgin Islands (or maybe you can recommend something else). Best,
Light Holic / Britsh Virgin IslandJuly 16-23
- Hi Reia and Sally, I just wanted to say thank you for organizing La Manguita charter and let you know that we had fabulous time. The crew was the most professional, and the yacht was so well taken care of. They make great food too. I would say this was the best managed yacht I've seen. Thank you again for arranging the wonderful charter.
La Manguita / St Martin and Britsh Virgin Islands / Jul 7 - 11, 2017
- Dear Sally, It was really fantastic, my friends are astonished, the captain Darrin is a great man, even though he is very young, and Desire put love in each dish. We feel very lucky of our choice of Mimzy. Thank you Sally, we are really happy. S/Y MIMZY / March 26 - Apr 2 / Britsh Virgin Islands
- Hi Sally, The trip was simply fantastic, start to finish! I can't say enough about how well we were taken care of by Ben and Elizabeth. They were lovely hosts and provided top notch food, drinks and service! The boat was beautiful, clean and very well equipped. Ben gave us daily suggestions on where to go and what and to do and they were always spot on. And the food, OMG it was like eating every meal in a 5 star restaurant - healthy, delicious and something different every night. Elizabeth was superb! The weather was also perfect, though I hesitate to give the crew full credit for that. In short, we feel we really lucked out with the selection of the Sea Anemone as it would be impossible to believe a better choice could have been made. This boat and crew are the best! I'll let you know when we're headed back! S/Y SEA ANEMONE / Mar 12 - 20 2017 / BVI
- Trina, everyone enjoyed themselves. The boat was perfect and the captain and crew were some of the best I have been around. I would definitely recommend this boat and crew to anyone else. I suspect we will be contacting you next year to do it again. M/Y COCKTAILS / March / British Virgin Islands
- Amanda, We loved the trip. Mischa and Lenny were a great crew, the perfect pair. Loved the Ohana, fantastic boat for 6 people. Food was fabulous. Overall satisfaction was a 10 on a scale of 1-10, we don't have any suggestions on how it could have been better. Hope to travel with them again. The diving worked out very well, rendezvous diving was fine. Given the amount of diving we wanted to do, 3 days, we did not need tanks etc. on board. Certification process for two of our group was just fine. Blue Water Divers (first 2 days) were better than Jost Van Dyke dives. But that's really just about dive sites. We'd definitely do this again. Just like to do different things so next time, we'd probably do the Bahamas. M/Y OHANA / March 12 – 19 / British Virgin Islands
- Hi Trina! How are you? I just wanted to thank you for helping with our trip! We had a fantastic time! The crew was awesome. We really enjoyed them. A trip of a lifetime! Thanks! S/Y TWIN March 6 - 13 / British Virgin Islands
- Hi Martha, Amazing!! We have been to the BVI’s countless times, but never like this. The Lady Sharon Gale is a very well kept motor yacht and the perfect size for our group. The scenery in the BVI’s is always beautiful. What really separated this trip from many others was the crew. Captain Mike, Maria, Ian, Milan and Lydia are the BEST at what they do. They love their roles and people too. We wanted to take them all to Atlanta with us as we friended each of them. Cannot say enough good about this whole experience and we will be back on the Lady Sharon Gale again!!! Thank you for connecting us Martha. You too are really good at what you do. M/Y SHARON GALE / March / British Virgin Islands
- Hi Amanda How are you? We didn't speak after our trip but I just like to tell you that was fantastic, really a dream. Eduardo, Maria and Lenta are wonderful people and we loved spend this week together. Thank you. S/Y MAGEC / Jan 4 – 11 2017 / BVI
- Hi Martha, As we mentioned to you on the phone all was GREAT!!! Great crew and great boat! Again thank you for the recommendation. M/Y MISCHEIF / December 27th - Jan 3rd / Leeward islands and British Virgin Islands
- Dear Martha, Happy New Year to you too! Everything went OK, except that I got sick the day we left (a strong winter flu) and , as I recovered, my wife fell sick too. Bad luck! As to the rest we have been pretty happy with the boat (which is OK for 4 guests, I doubt it for more), except for the navigation plotter in the cockpit which was not working. Excellent was the skipper: even if he was new to the boat and to the area, he proved very effective with some repairs and with planning the itinerary. He is a really nice guy and a good company. I would like also to thank you for your assistance all along. Well done! Have our best regards. SY CONTINGENCY / Dec 24 - Jan 3rd / Virgin Islands
- Nick, As Cameroon has said , it was indeed a great 10 day charter and I am sure the rest of our party would like to join Sue and I to add “due to an exceptional crew – who worked long hours to high standards , were pleasant with nothing being too much trouble. The food was exceptional and wine was spot on every time . Nicolai , their crew member , added a great dimension in terms of service .He worked tirelessly , with great charm and was a fantastic teacher on the wake board. The fishing aspect was a superb bonus enjoyed by all. SY TIGER LILY / 10 day New year / Antigua & British Virgin Islands
- Amanda, We could use those "warm' regards - it was -1 when we got home last night! Our holiday on McGregor exceeded our expectations; which says a lot considering how excited we were for this vacation! The McGregor was beautiful - so lovely and well maintained. The pictures of the interior of the boat didn't do justice to the gorgeous wood! We had a blast and Tim did a great job of helping us to set an itinerary each day. The girls loved diving with Tim and snorkeling was definitely everyone's favorite! Tim and Julie both went above and beyond and made us feel really special. Julie's food was out of this world! She did a great job of serving meals that everyone loved - and they were healthy!! As a family with 2 in college (and full-time jobs during the summer) and 1 busy in high school we really don't share meals very often. Meal time was my favorite time - we enjoyed delicious food that everyone loved and we ate together (AND I didn't have to cook!). At the end of our stay Tim asked us if we had any suggestions. We thought hard about it and we honestly couldn't think of a single thing that would have made our trip more special (well, Libby did say she couldn't get enough of Julie's bread:). My only frustration was my own fault... I'm ashamed to say I over packed. If only I stuck to your packing list!! Thank you once again for all your help. We look forward to working with you again as well! M/Y McGregor / New Years / British Virgin Islands
- Amanda, Thanks for checking in. We are home safe and sound after a most wonderful vacation. Tara, Grand and Tyler were beyond fantastic! Please let the owners know what a wonderful crew they have found. A life time of memories :) We are already talking about when we can go again…although it would be hard to top our experience with Tara, Grant and Tyler! I will be in touch and would love your suggestions on other locations to sail around the same time of year in other parts of the world. We are hooked. Take care and Happy New Year! - FOXY LADY / British Virgin Islands / December 27 – January 3
- Hi Amanda, The charter was an amazing experience. The perfect celebration for a 60th B-day. Naom and Dalit were fantastic. I don't think it would be possible for them to provide a better experience. They were kind, patient, engaging, fun, concerned, thorough, and accommodating, I'm running out of superlatives! The food was great, the itinerary was great, the yacht was great, and even the weather cooperated to a certain extent. I asked the group on the last day if they would have changed anything, and they said no. I can only give you positives about the cruise, because there really were no negatives. We are already talking about a return visit, and would definitely plan the cruise around Naom and Dalit's availability and their yacht.. Thank you for all of your help. We will definitely steer our family and friends to you because of your excellent service. Thanks again. PART 2 of the group: Hello Amanda,Last week I and my husband and eight friends partook of a weeklong sailing trip along with our hosts, Noam and Dalit aboard the Alive catamaran. We cannot say enough good things about those two and their professionalism, warmth, immense talent, their concern for each of us, the food!, their vast knowledge and skills, the beautiful boat that they lovingly care for and invite each of us to do the same, their knowledge of local history and trivia, their loving care and respect for the ocean and islands, their humor and incredible patience, and how they sought to accommodate all of our needs and strengths. We all fell in love with them and they made sure we had a wonderful time and partook of all the available activities. What an experience we won't soon forget. What a beautiful part of the planet. The whole package - boat, captain and co-captain, food and location made for the perfect, fantastic vacation. Thank you so much!!! S/Y ALIVE / British Virgin Islands / July 30 – Aug 6
- Martha, Vacoa was just great from all angles. Great team, fantastic skipper! Incredible food and super nice service. Adding to this the perfect route visiting all the BVI Islands with best snorkeling spots and even ecofriendly fishing (Barracuda released). I am a monohull fanatic but this catamaran has all the right metrics. Thanks for the recommendation. S/Y VACOA / British Virgin Islands / July
- Amanda, Thanks for your message. We had a AMAZING trip. Donald and Audrey made us feel completely welcomed back! We all as a group really connected with Kyle last year and didn't think anyone could surpass him. Our group all agreed that Caitlyn did a great job! She is very sweet, hard working and has such a way about her. Especially for us being her 4 charter. We can be a handful!! Audrey's culinary skills can not be beat! I have been on the treadmill since my return! We all decided the weight gain was worth it for a week of her cooking! The presentation never fails to impress! I think a few of our friends on the trip are fussy eaters, and all they do is rave!! Every morning when I came up for my coffee Audrey was in the kitchen with a big "Good Morning" welcome for me. What a way to start my day!