The 17th China (Shanghai) International Boat Show (CIBS), running from April 19-22, 2012 is to be held in a new venue — the Shanghai Expo & Convention Center in Pudong, home of the 2010 World Expo. Some 500 yachts and 450 exhibitors have already confirmed their attendance.
The Italian shipyard, Ferretti Group, recently acquired by China’s Shangdong Heavy Industries Group, will be there together with the best international boatbuilders such as Beneteau, Brunswick, Azimut-Benetti, Fairline, Sunseeker, Princess and more.
The new launches, trends and designs, with various on-site activities and events equalling or surpassing the variety of previous shows will be on display in the 25,000sq m pillar-less exhibition hall, with more than 10,000sq m of outdoor exhibition space and nearby berthing facilities for on-water displays.
According to event organiser UBM Sinoexpo, over 90 per cent of the venue is already sold out — 25 per cent up on the same time last year. Visitor numbers are also expected to be up 30 per cent on last year.
As before the China International Boat Show will introduce a forum, leisure boating awards and regatta in support of a local charity.
Superyacht News Related to "The 17th China (Shanghai) International Boat Show, April 19-22, 2012"
- The Year of the Dragon Dawns On the 17th China (Shanghai) International Boat Show
- Superyacht and refit specialist Atollvic Shipyard to attend the 2012 China (Shanghai) International Boat Show
- China (Shanghai) Boat Show 2012: Asian Marine & Boating Awards public voting
- 29th Palma International Boat Show, April 28 – May 2, 2012
- China (Shanghai) International Boat Show: Dometic Marine to present In-Duct Breathe Easy(TM) Air Purifier