French shipyard Tournier Marine who is known for building fast, seaworthy bluewater cruising catamarans has just started the production of a 70 ft sailing catamaran – the Soubise 70 Carbon Line.
Located in Soubise, near Rochefort in France, Tournier Marine combines every trade association, from mainworks to completely finished boat.
The new 70ft yacht is designed by Philippe Tournier, the owner of the yard who wanted to create the ideal boat to offer to owners passionate about sailing fast and comfortable cruising catamarans. With both its structure and rigging built in full carbon, the design for the SOUBISE 70’ Carbon Line sailing catamaran is well balanced, light and comfortable, with outstanding performances able to sail long distance in short amount of time.
The SOUBISE 70’ Carbon Line cat will be able to accommodate 6-8 guests and will feature a huge cockpit.
“I was appealed several times for the building of a big cruising cat with various specificities but there was nothing like on the market so I took time to think of a new design.” noted the designer and Navl builder Philippe Tournier, “The SOUBISE 70′ Carbon Line is the result of my experience as a naval builder for more than 20 years.
SOUBISE 70’ Carbon Line Main features
• 6 to 8 people in cabins while keeping a technical space on one hull and bedding capacity in gangway
• Loading capacity thought for a “comfort” oceanic program
• Huge cockpit without difference of level and with instant emptying
• Built to favour high-speed crossing in rough sea.
• Good engine performances with enough power to pass over tricky situations
• Excellent manoeuvrability in harbors (bow-propeller, starboard and port helms, engine control on each side…)
• Deck-fitting thought to sail with a reduced crew and with minimum effort
• Top-o-the-range masting and sails combining and easy handling : specific low sails for breeze
• Using our experience in ocean races to reduce known damages
• Speed capacity in 5-knots-winds
• Permanent speed of 15/20 knots in steady wind
• On board-computing, forecast fax reception allowing to go and finds winds or to move away from windy areas
• Structure analysed and defined by a Research Consultancy to optimize the whole solidity and ageing
• Weights are centralised and materials are chosen to increase lightness
• Boarding areas are foamed for safety
SOUBISE 70′ Carbon Line Specifications
Designer : Philippe TOURNIER
Structural Analysis : Team One
Research Department : B.E.T.N
Builder : TOURNIER MARINE
– Length : 21.50 m
– Length at waterline : 21.00 m
– Width : 10.50 m
– Draft (rudder) : 1.30/2.80 m
– Clearance : 29.90 à 31.90 m (diff.versions)
– Light displacement : 18 à 20 tons (diff.versions)
– Weight on cruising conditions : 20 à 25 tons (diff.versions)
– Bridgedeck height on load : 1.15 m
– Height under deck beam : 2.10 m
– Height in hulls : 2.00 m
– Saloon surface area : 31 m²
– Cockpit – steering station surface : 24 m²