Sanlorenzo SpA has announced that the company has returned to full Italian ownership for the first time since 2013 when a crisis in the boat-building industry led to the sale of shares as part of stock ownership.
The shares were originally sold to Chinese Sundiro Holding company, who bought 23% of shares as part of an agreement to support the building of 20m/65.6ft long boats in China, separate from the Sanlorenzo brand. Another 16% was recently purchased from Fondo Italiano di Investimento after it was sold in 2010, and now the Perotti family (including the two children Cecilia and Cesare Perotti) owns 96% of Sanlorenzo SpA through the Happy Life Holding company. The remaining 4% of shares are owned by Sanlorenzo management.
In 2017 revenue was at 300 million to 380 in 2018 and is forecast to grow another 20% in 2019 with an order backlog of 500 million for the following two years. The company was also recently confirmed at the top of the World’s Leading Producers in Boats over 30m/98ft (Superyachts) as part of the Ferretti Group umbrella.
Sanlorenzo is currently working on its latest flagship, the SANLORENZO 64 STEEL, accommodating up to 12 guests with a crew of 18 and designed with elegant onboard entertaining spaces that include an aft deck with a plunge pool and an interior with a stunning dining room and bar at the top of the staircase. The SANLORENZO 64 STEEL motor yacht is due for launch later in 2019.