Thousands of companies are getting ready to present the recreational boating industry’s newest innovations next month as over 100,000 boating enthusiasts from all over the world gather in the glamorous Miami yacht charter location for one of the world’s largest boating events. The annual Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show®, set to run from February 12 to 16, 2015, spans three locations and will feature one-of-a-kind boat debuts, the latest marine gadgets, as well as accessories galore.
Whether a buyer or dreamer, the 2015 Miami Boat Show is THE place to discover the best in boating. This year’s “best in show” features everything from the largest sailing yacht to ever visit the show and a hybrid GPS device, to the debut of the world’s largest center console fishing boat, a “green” yacht powered by natural gas, and an inflatable stand up paddleboard:
– The unveiling of the world’s largest center console – HydraSports Custom 53’ Sueños.
– With the increasing popularity of stand up paddle boarding (SUP), Rynkel Inc. will debut the inflatable AIRHEAD Super Stable Standup Paddleboard, ideal for beginners, intermediates and larger riders.
– The newest Garmin – navigate from land to sea on one device. In marine mode, the GPSMAP 640 provides tides and currents, depth contours, port plans, marine services and points of interest, while in automotive mode, the GPSMAP 640 announces street names with spoken turn-by-turn directions pulled from the preloaded City Navigator NT road maps for North America.
– Record 97 new boating products honored for innovation – Show-goers can get a first glimpse at some of the industry’s best new products, recognized through the boat show’s Innovation Awards, which honor manufacturers and suppliers who bring new products to market. This year’s program received the highest amount of entries on record.
– The new Accessory Pavilion, located outside the Miami Beach Convention Center, will showcase thousands of the latest boating gadgets and gear, plus engines and electronics from more than 85 companies.
– Get green by learning more about sustainable, eco-friendly options such as the Intrepid 327 Center Console – the first hybrid yacht powered by natural gas.
– Major announcements from companies including Volvo Penta of the Americas and Yamaha, among others.
Miami Beach Convention Center
1901 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139
* Show hours vary
The Yacht & Power Boat Show at Sea Isle Marina (no ticket required for this location)
1635 N. Bayshore Drive
Miami, FL 33132
Open from 9 am – 6 pm daily
Strictly Sail Miami at Miamarina at Bayside
400 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33132
Open from 10 am – 6 pm daily
Premier Day (February 12): $35
Adults (16 and older): $20
Five-day adult pass (Good all five days of the show): $85
Two-day adult pass (valid Feb. 12-16): $35
Youth 15 and under get in free (must be accompanied by an adult).
One ticket is good for all sites (includes free access to shuttle bus and water taxi).