Refit, Repair, as well as Conversion has become a core business for the prominent German luxury yacht builder, Lürssen. During the last 12 months, the Lürssen facilities have hosted 8 yachts between 46 and 110 meters for modifications. Amongst them are some of the world’s most spectacular yachts, such as mega yacht Coral Island, superyacht Radiant or luxury yacht Mayan Queen.
One of the bigger refits was motor yacht “Ronin” – an iconic Lürssen yacht, built in 1993. She left the shipyard in August 2013 to the complete satisfaction of her owner.
During her 11 month stay at the yard she has undergone a complete face-lift from the technical side up to the repainting of the hull and superstructure to make her as good as new.
• removal old teak deck, installation of cork underlay (noise reduction) and installation of new teak decking
• dismantling of abt 50% of the interior to remove old AV cables, installation of new state of the art AV, telephone and camera system incl. new cabling
• complete overhaul of generators (Cat) and main engines (MTU)
• 10 year ABS survey
• complete overhaul of pumps and valves in technical areas
• Installation of a new provision cooling plant
• composite work on foredeck storage boxes, wing consoles, tender cradles
• new sun awning system for sun-/bridge deck (carbon poles)
• new shaft bearings, complete alignment propulsion
• hull paint, underwater paint and paint repairs in the superstructure,
Luxury yacht Ronin has a length of 58,50 m and her radical exterior is designed by Sir Norman Foster. She is a high performance yacht with a top speed of 34 knots.