From submarine superyachts to massive floating pyramids, yacht design has come a long way in a short space of time. Many designers have created on paper farfetched and futuristic looking superyachts although not many up to now, have actually been manufactured.
Your imagination can run riot when you read more about the top captivating concept superyachts for 2016. Styled by professionals, these captivating concept superyachts are a pure dream.
1. Moonstone – designed by Van Geest Design the Moonstone has a striking multi-faceted hull. Light and reflections from the water play on the superyacht creating a picture postcard look. Visually emotional effects on the yacht have also been created by Van Geest and lighting design company, Temeloy. Light has been infused into small spaces with different shapes using multi-dimensional techniques – truly awesome!
2. Project Teti – created by the Zuccon Superyacht Design team, the 94 m Teti has a vast guest area forward on the upper deck. A private staircase leads to the owner’s deck which has its own terrace. There are eight guest cabins on the lower and main decks with a beach club big enough to hold four tenders. The Teti’s concept is based on searching for the right balance between interior and exterior spaces. Many hours of thought and expertise have gone into the building of this fantastic superyacht.
3. The Bilgin, project 263 – although building hasn’t started yet, this conceptual project’s plans are nearly finalized. The Bilgin yard in Turkey is responsible for creating a steel and aluminium superyacht styled by Unique Yacht Design. The 80 m Bilgin is going to be capable of sailing at 18 knots with a projected 14 knot cruising speed. Guest accommodation will feature a luxurious master suite, three VIPs and four guest suites, can’t wait!
4. Cape Hawk and Sky Hawk – aptly named from the manufacturer, Hawk Yachts, these two beauties are going to be 56m and 75m in length respectively. Built as go-anywhere explorers, the Cape Hawk and Sky Hawk have designs that will take them on long range journeys including all conditions cruising. Glamorous to look at and totally functional, the Cape Hawk will have an Ice Class 1C rating hull, ideal for cruising the polar regions. It will also feature pollen and insect filters, perfect for sailing on tropical waters.
5. Sea Falcon – one of the most captivating concept superyachts for 2016 is the splendid Sea Falcon. At 60m in length it promises a top speed of 27 knots. It has a magnificent sporting exterior designed by De Basto Designs as well as a structural support aft which curves over the main deck. Painted in Tuscan red, the Sea Falcon is a dramatic and eye-catching superyacht, the likes of which have never been seen before. The interior has an owner’s suite on the main deck, five state rooms, a sky lounge and indoor/outdoor dining area.
6. Origin and Xplore – these two futuristic looking concept superyachts will certainly blow your mind. Designed by Nigel Irens Design and Christophe Chedal-Anglay, the trimarans have both been unveiled. At 57.5 m and 70 m respectively the Origin and Xplore are efficient, have long range cruising and decreased fuel consumption. They can accommodate up to ten guests and eight professional crew. As soon as you step onboard you will feel quite at home. Make use of the helicopters and submarine – now that’s luxury for you!
7. DL Dreamline – designed by Giuseppe Arrabito and styled by Enrico Gobbi from Team4Design, this Dreamline superyacht is captivating to the extreme. The main deck owner’s suite has a 200 degree view forward while on the lower deck, there are two VIP luxury suites and two double cabins. A folding terrace can be found off the main deck salon which opens up to the accommodation areas. There’s also a hardtop which provides shelter over the hot tub on the fly bridge deck.
8. Pershing 140 – there’s no doubt about it, the Pershing 140 is definitely a most captivating concept superyacht. Made from aluminium, it’s being constructed at the Ferretti Group’s Ancona yard in Italy. The shape of the hull is drawn from inspiration from military craft to give it a steely and muscular appearance. Designed by Fulvio De Simoni it’s an innovative flagship with iconic design elements. The steel grid wrapping around the snub nose of the bow gives the Pershing 140 a real sporty look – wow!
9. The Navetta – this beautiful flagship was recently showcased at the Miami Beach Boat Show to a captive audience. Designed by Studio Zuccon International Project along with the Ferretti Group’s’ in-house team, she is due to be launched in 2018. One of the key features of this most captivating concept superyacht is the huge expanse of outdoor areas. The superyacht has a spacious beach club, a side opening tender garage, massive sundecks, an owner’s cabin and total privacy for guests.