Luxury Yacht Charter Broker - Scotland
Sally literally grew up in charter when her family relocated from New Zealand to the British Virgin Islands on their schooner to pursue the charter industry while it was still in its infancy there. Sally’s passion for travel was therefore planted at an early age and has taken her on three Atlantic crossings and six years of on board crewing, ranging from smaller to larger luxury yachts within the Mediterranean, Caribbean and Americas. Following this she returned to The BVI where she spent the next several years working on creating charter vacation experiences that were second to none, ‘just to see them go home happy and relaxed, full of memories they will cherish for years to come, that’s what it’s all about'.
Sally’s favourite charter area is undoubtedly the British Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. “I love the opportunity to go for a lovely sail and yet have several spectacular destinations so close together which allows for more discoveries every day. With so many islands in once place you can easily find a piece of your own island paradise or join in on one of the many fun stops along the way.”
Depending on what the desired holiday requests are, there are a great number of choices worldwide. The Caribbean is an all year-round location with the BVI being the easiest and most comfortable sailing, along with many islands to visit, offering restaurants, bars, nightlife and more. The Leeward islands is a great hub for European travellers, with many direct flights daily and a real mix of cultures. Further south the Grenadines offers good sailing, and a more traditional Caribbean vibe. The Mediterranean has something for everyone, whether you are looking for the most luxurious holiday to the most relaxed and laid back holiday. Every type of yacht, size and budget is available, spanning from the West Med to the East Med. Croatia is increasingly growing in popularity, this stunning location is filled with historical interest and exciting locations, a one way cruise is often the way to make the most of it, and many yachts will offer this as an option.
Post charter feedback
Getting fantastic feedback from happy clients has to be the most rewarding feeling, just knowing that the holiday they had was that of a lifetime and they can’t say enough, that’s the icing on the cake!
Are extremely important, not only for viewing the yachts, but to meet the crew. Having first-hand knowledge of the yacht, crew and moral aboard is key. Making sure you are prepared with a list and the best strategy to get around the yachts effectively, enabling you to view as many as possible, if not all, is not an easy feat with the sheer number of great yachts at most shows, but it is well worth making the effort.
The yachts are definitely getting better as far as creative and well thought out designs and features! There are some extraordinary builds available with incredible amenities aboard to boot. Luxury catamarans are certainly keeping up, the styles, layouts, space and amenities available are incredible, with many offering a great array of water toys, diving, and the latest in entertainment facilities. The Caribbean fleet of catamarans is so vast that the rates are really competitive and the crews are top notch.
With first hand knowledge of the Caribbean having lived there for a number of years, working on and around the charter industry, I feel that this region is somewhere I can offer without hesitation. I am familiar with the yachts available and have plenty of fantastic tips for great itinerary ideas, whether guests wish to keep busy with socializing, water sports or simply enjoy a secluded holiday. Read expert broker advice articles here.
I have great love for animals, more specifically rescue pets. I brought 4 pets from the Caribbean to the UK when moving, and have since adopted an abandoned dog here in the UK. Cooking, I really enjoy trying out new recipes and cooking techniques, I suppose I am a bit of a gadget girl when it comes to the kitchen too! Growing up sailing in the Caribbean was really fortunate, but now residing in Scotland, the sailing is beautiful on our C&C 39, albeit a bit chiller than the Tropics. When not walking the dogs on long hikes over the weekend, or sailing, I really enjoy a good run, weather pending of course.
- Hi Sally! We had a great time on the charter! The itinerary was a great mix of secluded coves and “happening” spots. We really enjoyed our night in the middle of the week at the Scrub Island Resort. We also enjoyed the half dinners on/half off. We were able to enjoy some tasty local fish at Scrub Island, Pirates Bight, and Foxys. Tresa made more simple meals on the boat that were good for the kids. Tresa and Philip were accommodating, and generous with the water toys, fishing equipment, etc. Overall, our week was awesome-a definite bucket list item checked off! And I appreciate all of your guidance and help along the way. SY SALTY GIRL / March 16 - 23 / BVI
- Hi Sally, We loved Astrid and Laurent - they are just the most lovely, delightful and accommodating people we’ve met. The boat was spotless, and the quarters very elegant and tasteful. Astrid went out of her way in preparing delicious meals for us. Laurent was professional in his seamanship and scuba diving with Mike and Jim. We had an absolutely fabulous time, and enjoyed every minute. Astrid and Laurent are definitely the dream team of the Grenadines and we’d highly recommend them, and hope to take another voyage on Isola Blue next time we visit the Caribbean. Part 2: We concur completely!! They both went above and beyond in every aspect of their job and function at a level the profession should aspire toward. An exceptional dynamic-duo!! Thank you. SY ISOLABLUE / March 9 – 16 / Grenadines
- Sally, Thank you for all your help! We arrived back home Monday night and have raced through the week catching up. The charter was lovely. The crew was accommodating and they did a good job. The BVI is one of our favourite places! It was fantastic and the captain knew where to find a few secluded bays. The service was excellent, and the food was outstanding. The chef did an excellent job. JHL Catamaran THE ANNEX / British Virgin Islands / February 24 – March 5
- Dear Sally, Thank you for your kind message. We had a wonderful time sailing aboard the Deep Blue in the beautiful Virgin Islands! I only have praises as to the trip itself, the conviviality on the boat and the crew’s work. Jason and Brenda have been all the time professional, efficient and courteous. These holidays have really been rewarding! / SY DEEP BLUE / BVI / January 11 – 18
- Hi Sally, It truly was an unforgettable experience. The entire crew was exceptional and the amenities and boat were superb!! If I had the money and the time, I would do this again next year but hopefully will return in a couple.. Thanks for everything! Thanks again. CE SY OPAL / Sept
- Sally - The charter was soooo great! The service was top notch. The food was AMAZING, drinks were fantastic, and they were one step ahead of us at all times. Paola was AMAZING and super helpful with everything from taxis, dinner reservations, itinerary, keeping the boat organized, and on top of it all she was super sweet and funny. Salvo was also amazing and very helpful (also made great scrambled eggs) and the captain was super professional, friendly, and accommodating. The boat was wonderful, super clean, organized, and had a perfect set up for us. We miss it already :( Thanks for recommending Sally! It was perfect! NB M/Y FOREVER / Stabia – Naples, Amalfi coast / May 26 – June 2
- Sally, the crew members were the best of all crews I've had. Ian, Diane, Rico are impeccable and genuinely happy caring people. As for Tender To yacht itself, it's great for a couple as it has his & hers full bathrooms separately. The master suite section of the yacht is larger than those on larger yachts (ie. Lady Sharon Gale). The yacht doesn't have a glass door. Living/dining area is open to outside. So, it might not be suitable for people who need strong AC or cold living space. For me, it wasn't an issue this time, but it could be in Aug when temperature is higher. Though you would lose clear views, they have a nylon shield cover with zippers to close off the living/dining area to keep cold air in living space. We did not need to use it this time. It was an exceptional charter experience and I thank you for making that happen. YB M/Y TENDER TO / St Martin, Caribbean / 26 - 30 May
- Dear Ian, Rico and Diane on Tender To, we had a fantastic time on a beautiful yacht with excellent crew. Thank you so much for the memorable charter. Great team work! We'll see you soon. YB M/Y TENDER TO / St Martin, Caribbean / 26 - 30 May
- Hi Sally, sorry we have been busy since our return! Our trip was fantastic! The boat was gorgeous and we hardly wanted to leave it even to snorkel! It was clean and quite stunning and amazing places to just sit and relax. Both Chester and Jen are amazing and the most perfect crew and chef we could ask for. The food was outstanding and they were absolutely fun! They were professional and non-intrusive in any way and are just the perfect match for this boat! I would absolutely recommend Euphoria and Chester and Jen any day for any vacation! Mr & Mrs S Catamaran EUPHORIA / US Virgin Islands & British Virgin Islands / May 13 - 19
- Hi Sally, the holiday was lovely and we all had a great time. Francesco's cooking was sensational and he was really lovely with the kids. The itinerary was well planned and as expected and he was thoughtful in making adjustments once he had learnt what we liked to do. He also accommodated the change in weather sensibly and kept us in the loop. Melissa chose us some fantastic wine (we under ordered as expected!), her baking is delicious, her table settings really lovely and thoughtful, her attention to our drinks and snacks impeccable and the boat was always spotless. Ombre Blu / Sardinia / July 28 - Aug 3
- Hi Sally, we had a great week! Can you please release the tips for the crew of Malena. Thank you! S/Y Malena / Greece / June 13 – 20
- Dear Sally, we absolutely loved being on Villa Romana…..the crew and service were absolutely fantastic! We had such a wonderful time. Thank you for coordinating. OF VILLA ROMANA / SOF / May 20 – 25
If you have any questions about chartering a yacht, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Below is a small selection of luxury yacht Sally and the team have organised charters on: