Luxury Yacht Charter Broker - Europe
Originally from the UK, Colin lived in Italy, India and Paris before moving to the Côte d’Azur to continue developing his interest in all things nautical. He comes to CharterWorld as a Luxury Charter Broker based in the port of Nice, after running a worldwide team of charter brokers for 7 years, catering for a wide variety of sailing experiences. Prior to this, he worked in international corporate sales environments, where, as well as other commercial and client skills, he learnt the vital importance of being able to entrust one’s valuable holiday time to capable professionals. He is bilingual English/French and is fluent in Italian, having gained a BA (Comb Hons) in French and Italian literature from the University of London. He has travelled variously throughout the Med and Europe, parts of South America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent. His favourite charter destinations are definitely Croatia for the wide variety of sailing zones and experiences the country offers, the Aeolian Islands off Sicily for their raw natural beauty, and Cuba for the sheer excitement.
Here is the selection of clients feedback on charters Colin has organised:
- Colin, Just to tell you that everything went very well. The boat was great and the crew exceptional. Food and service very good. I can only recommend it. I am very enthusiastic about this trip. Again thank you very much Colin. I will contact you for the next trip on the boat. GC MOTOR YACHT DONNA LOKA / Sorrento – Sorrento / August 15 – 19.
- Thanks Colin. We had a lovely time on Stalca, the crew was really good and being on such a historical boat was a lot of fun. The islands we went to in international waters by the way were one of the hi-lights so I would recommend them. So really enjoyed and hope to maybe charter her again next year. JG MOTOR YACHT STALCA / Sorrento – Sorrento /16 – 23 July.
- Hi, Colin. Thank you - all was fine and we are happy with the support of the captain and crew as well. We liked them very much. T.A. ECLIPSE / Sorrento – Sorrento / July 14-19.
- Hi Colin, we are home after a great week. This is the fourth Cat sailing holiday we have had, so easy to compare. Daddy’s Hobby has a well thought out layout and we particularly appreciated the full Bimini on the top deck. The Crew were all keen to give us a good time and looked after us well. Andreas was patient as we were following some friends in another boat (without crew) and he was helpful with them and happy to liaise regarding the itinerary. Not being sailors ourselves we are totally dependent on our skipper. We had a couple of days when the sails were up which we thoroughly enjoyed but it never seems enough. This is something we have found before but last year, our skipper regularly raised the sails, albeit briefly on occasions. I think we should state that we like to use wind power whenever possible in future but it could be that conditions are not suitable. Dimitri is a fantastic chef. As we had one non fish eater, the first three days he cooked quite heavy meat dishes because he had bought meat. We then established lighter fish meals were preferred. We were eating out every evening (had stated before) so a big lunch was not really required. So really, communication is key and I need to give more information on my list of preferences rather than leave it to our arrival. AN S/Y DADDY’S HOBBY / Corfu / June 23 – 30.
- Hi Colin, We absolutely loved it. The crew and captain were wonderful. The food was incredible and we loved the cakes every day. Thanks again. We’ve already recommended it to plenty of others!! JP M/Y DREAMLAND / Fethiye – Kas / June 30 – July 6.
- Colin - What an amazing experience. They crew were beyond exceptional. I wish we had listened to them more in the beginning. The experience was beyond words. Not even pictures can capture the experience. The host was super fun. An experience of a lifetime. BM Cat NEW HORIZON / Mykonos, Greece / June 30 – July 6.
- Hi Colin, Overall we really enjoyed the process. As a charter agent we were really impressed by your knowledge and more importantly the time and diligence you allocated to address our questions. We commenced this process with 3 charter agents in tandem and must say you by far stood out between all. This is the kind of service I would pay a premium for. In terms of the Harvest Moon as a vessel, we were very impressed and she has exceeded all our expectations in terms of quality and space. In terms of staff, Captain Yanssane was very knowledgeable and accommodating, Marie by far exceeded our expectations, and we would without any doubt request for her on our future charters. She is as professional as they get and has made “the” difference to the charter. Again, all in all very happy with the charter and you will be hearing from us soon. HY M/Y HARVEST MOON / Golfe Juan, France / 15-22 June.
- Colin, DIONEA was really great, we had really good time and great crew! GC M/Y DIONEA / San Remo, Italy – St Tropez, France / June 28 – July 1st.
- Colin - Thank you for the most amazing week. Croatia is spectacular! We had an awesome trip. Food was fantastic and who can forget Anna’s special salad. Thanks for everything. Love, IP S/Y SEA BLISS / Dubrovnik – Sibenik / June 23-3.
- Hi Colin, it was a pleasure meeting you on the boat! We had a great time at Yvonne. The yacht is excellent in all aspects. Interior and design is really state of the art! Crew and staff were very attentive and took care of us in a discreet yet professional way. Would definitely consider chartering Yvonne again. Last, the services provided by CharterWorld and you has been top class! I really appreciate all the assistance we got from you organizing chartering the yacht. All the best, - Yacht YVONNE / Cannes, South of France / 12-16 March.