Luxury Yacht Charter Broker - USA
While she grew up “down the shore” and always loved the sea, Amanda's love of yachting came in the early 1990’s after joining family friends for 6 weeks of sailing adventure in South America during their circumnavigation of the globe. On her return to Los Angeles, she began racing, cruising and crewing on yachts from the Channel Islands to Mexico and the Caribbean before leaving a successful career in the entertainment industry to permanently “mess about on boats.” She accepted a position as Broker Assistant to a successful Beverly Hills-based broker to find that many of her entertainment industry contacts were also charter clients!
In addition to her services as a Charter Broker, Amanda brings some twenty-five years of diverse yachting experience to the CharterWorld team. She has personally and professionally crewed and cruised on everything from sailing dinghy’s to private boats and charter yachts on both coasts of the US, the Bahamas, Caribbean and throughout the Mediterranean. In addition to time spent “behind the scenes” in a yacht brokerage and service facility she has owned and refit two boats of her own, travels extensively and even worked as an event planner and cook on both sea and shore. Her passions for yachting, travel and entertaining ensure that she will match you with the ideal charter yacht and crew, in a fantastic destination, for a holiday you will never forget.
While Italy and Greece hold a special place in her heart and she sails her sloop from her home port of the Virgin Islands, Amanda still considers the southern Caribbean chain of the Grenadines a fabulous destination which can only properly be explored by yacht. "From lush tropical rainforests, soaring mountain peaks and stunning waterfalls to uninhabited, palm-fringed islands with turquoise lagoons and powder-white beaches and an abundance of reef life, they are a conveniently reached from the Americas or Europe, but provide the opportunity to truly be able to disconnect and “get away from it all.”
View expert advice articles published by Amanda here.
Here is some recent feedback from Amanda's charter clients
- Dear Amanda, We all had a fabulous time on Liberty and the program was perfect. Captain Steve was wonderful and the chef was excellent. As always, we appreciate your help and thank you for planning another wonderful vacation for our family. You have handled every trip for us with care and wisdom - thank you!! Very best, Sharon
- Dear Amanda, It is a great pleasure to write a recommendation not only about you, but also about our choice of a yacht charter, the Viva, captained by Giulio and his wife Chiara. We looked at several charter companies, but we knew immediately that you were going to make this honeymoon happen. Your immediate detailed response to my query told me that you love your job and are very good at what you do. You helped us to choose the right yacht, make the best itinerary, and assisted with every detail of the trip. Our happiness was your priority and it was evident in every interaction we had. You are amazingly brilliant! (pun intended!) You know your business and it was most enjoyable to communicate with you! I felt like we became friends and it went beyond the charter. Thank you for your excellence!! We look forward to working with you again when we are ready to plan our next charter. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts for all you did! We promise to send photos when we get them from the photographer! With much gratitude, Phyllis and Steven
- Amanda, It is always good to be home! But, I can't express myself enough on what a wonderful time that my family/friends had aboard the AMAZING RENAISSANCE with Captain Doug and his wonderful crew! The Itinerary worked out great but if I had it to do again..... I would probably stay a day longer on Nantucket and drop Block Island. I must say that "The Renaissance" was absolutely the perfect choice for us, It is so well designed....... Beautiful, Spacious and extremely clean and well operated. The crew!!!! AMAZING! Thank you and Charter World for helping to make this a memorable trip! We will do it again. Best, Roy L. Mitchell
- Hi Amanda, The charter was an amazing experience. The perfect celebration for a 60th B-day. Naom and Dalit were fantastic. I don't think it would be possible for them to provide a better experience. They were kind, patient, engaging, fun, concerned, thorough, accommodating, I'm running out of superlatives! The food was great, the itinerary was great, the yacht was great, and even the weather cooperated to a certain extent. I asked the group on the last day if they would have changed anything, and they said no. I can only give you positives about the cruise, because there really were no negatives. We are already talking about a return visit, and would definitely plan the cruise around Naom and Dalit's availability and their yacht.. Thank you for all of your help. We will definitely steer our family and friends to you because of your excellent service. Thanks again, Ron
- Thank you Amanda. We are having a wonderful time and enjoying ourselves. Crew are excellent as well. Thank you for doing your best for us. Yoel Neman
- Hi Amanda! I simply cannot thank you enough. The guests have had a fantastic time and it would not have been possible without your hard work. I will definitely be recommending your services and the boat to my other family offices. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Have a wonderful day! Brittany
- Amanda, I want you to know that from start to finish from my first contact with you until getting off the boat today it was an absolutely flawless experience. I would recommend this boat and crew to anyone and I also thank you for your professionalism all along. When I charter the next boat it will definitely be through you. Tony Sherman
- Dear Amanda, Trust you are well. Thank you so much for your efforts in making our visit to the Galapagos such a success. I have dreamed of going there for the past 60 years since my university days. It was beyond anything I had imagined and thanks to family generosity I was able to share the experience with three generations of my family. The MY Passion was perfect for our requirements. The captain and crew were splendid, providing safety and comfort with cheerful efficiency. My daughter-in-law advised the chef that we wished to enjoy Ecuadorian food and this inspired the chef to demonstrate her extraordinary talent. The food was exceptional. Our guide, Fernando, has a remarkable knowledge of the wildlife and geology of he islands and of Darwin’s writings about them. He added his own dimension to the success of the trip. I was delighted that Robert was able to enjoy his scuba dives with a knowledgeable local dive master whom we both instantly trusted. The photos the dive master took of the dives are breathtaking. My last memory of the wildlife was of a waved albatross picking up speed as it ran, over uneven ground, flapping its long graceful wings as it took off out over the ocean. Per ardua ad astra, through hardships to the heavens….Thank you for your part in a visit that will continue to live with me. Kindest regards, Robert Gibbins
- Amanda....Thank you so much for such outstanding work in helping up through this charter. You did a great job for us and it is really appreciated. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend your services to anyone who wanted a great personalized trip. Best Regards, Gary
- Amanda, Thanks of your message. We had a wonderful time. Enrico and Angie were an incredible crew and equally as wonderful people. . Overall I found the boat to be nice and very comfortable. I enjoyed working with you as well and found your attention to detail and our needs exceptional. I hope to have the opportunity to work with you on another trip in the future. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday! Best, Mary
- We think you are terrific! Will refer you to anyone....Trust all well, Charlie
- Amanda, We just got back to the Bay Area an hour or so ago, and I am sorry you beat me to the punch with your message.The trip was absolutely sensational. To a person my family members are saying it was the best vacation ever. We loved the BVI. But Erik and his crew really made the trip. They were absolutely wonderful. Took impeccable care of us and went way beyond the call of duty in many respects, including different and elaborate table settings every night at dinner. Chef Inn is a true culinary talent and like everyone else on the crew, a real joy to interact with. So many thanks to you for recommending them so much and for making it work. It was a spectacular trip—location, boat, crew, cocktails, food and activities. My one year old granddaughter had a total blast.
- Amanda - I appreciate your advice! It helps to have an insider's knowledge. I am putting together a spreadsheet to send out to my friends this evening and I will put your notes specifically on these boats. Thank you again for all of your help. I have been contacted by alot of brokers based on the emails that I sent out but you have been most helpful and I will definitely book it through you. Krysten
If you have any questions about luxury yacht charters please get in touch.