Chehab Marine, distributor of Princess yachts in the Lebanon and Middle East, celebrated Her Majesty the Queen’s birthday and Diamond Jubilee along with the British Embassy in Beirut. In honour of the occasion the British Ambassador to Lebanon, Tom Fletcher, played host to an amazing reception at Zaitunay Bay, Beirut.
The celebrations were part of the embassy’s GREAT British Week in Beirut, a showcase of Great British craftsmanship, and a display of five Princess yachts lined the red carpet creating a fitting centrepiece to the event where Ambassador Fletcher greeted VIP guests.
The flybridge of an 85ft Princess was then transformed into an impromptu stage where Classical singer Tania Kassis performed the Lebanese and British national anthems and Vice Prime Minister Samir Mokbel, Minister of Tourism Fadi Abboud and MP Yassine Jaber joined Ambassador Fletcher in a toast to Her Majesty the Queen.
An orchestra provided entertainment throughout evening while VIP guests, including current and former ministers, foreign ambassadors, businessmen and members of the British community, enjoyed cocktails and canapés on what was a truly special occasion.
Superyacht News Related to "Princess Yachts celebrated Her Majesty the Queen’s birthday and Diamond Jubilee in Beirut"
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrated in Cowes, UK with Boat & Leisure Festival June 4-5, 2012
- Princess Yachts to attend the 2012 Beirut Boat & Super Yacht Show
- Gibraltar Diamond Jubilee Flotilla to sail in two weeks
- Queen´s Diamond Jubilee Boat & Leisure Festival cancelled
- Ocean Village superyacht marina to host the Gibraltar Diamond Jubilee Flotilla