Here are some impressive photo images of the world’s largest superyacht ECLIPSE as sent in by ship and yacht photographer Klaus Kehrls. Klaus took these wonderful superyacht photographs of yacht ECLIPSE on the 18th of May-2010 in Hamburg Rüschpark.
The huge steel displacement superyacht ECLIPSE measures around 170 metres, making her the world’s largest (or longest) private mega yacht in the world. M/Y ECLIPSE was designed by Hermidas Atabeyki with interior designs by the very well know yacht designer Terrence Disdale. She was built by the Thyssenkrupp Blohm + Voss shipyard in Hamburg, which is a large industrial giant in Germany. The mega yacht has a gross tonnage of around 13,000 tonnes and superyacht Eclipse is slightly larger (around 36 ft longer) than the world’s previous longest private luxury yacht Dubai at 162 m, as owned by Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai.
Summary of Motor Yacht Eclipse and her custom features:
Yacht Eclipse is able to accommodate her guests in 11 staterooms and suites with 6,000 sq ft of living space and 600 doors. The premiere luxury yacht features incredible technology including heli facilities (with two helicopter pads), two swimming pools, several hot tubs, a disco hall, three launch boats and a mini-submarine capable of submerging up to 165ft. The Blohm & Voss built mega yacht reportedly has intruder detection alarms installed as well as an advanced missile defence system.
The yacht is also possibly equipped with an ‘anti-paparazzi shield’, as activated by camera flashlights, which prevents some photography when operating by using lasers aimed directly at the offending cameras to overexpose unwanted photographs. In addition some of the windows on megayacht ECLIPSE have bullet proof glass and other areas are armour-plated for ultimate security against increasing worldwide piracy attempts.
Yacht ECLIPSE was built by the yacht owner Mr. Roman Abramovich and had her preliminary launch back in late 2009 with finishing and testing still being carried out in Germany and Norway. Roman Abramovich the experienced owner has commissioned several motor yachts including Le Grand Bleu, Pelorus, Sussurro and Ecstasea and now Eclipse.
Yacht Specifications for Yacht ECLIPSE:
- LOA: 187.15 (614ft)
– Size: she is 13000 gross tons
– Built in: Hamburg Germany by Blohm + Voss.
– Naval architecture: by Blohm + Voss and Terence Disdale.
– Interior design: by Terrence Disdale and Greenline Yacht Interiors.
– M/Y ECLIPSE launched: in June 2009.
– Delivered to owner: Summer 2010
– Construction began: in 2006 and her delivery to her new owner will be some time in 2010, taking 4 years to build.
– Owner’s name: Roman Ambramovich from Russian / UK.
– Steel Hull: number 988
– Power: several diesel propel her at 22 knots cruise speed
– Maximum speed: is 25 knots
– Official Registration Flag: Bermuda
– Yacht ECLIPSE Port of registry: is Hamilton
– Guest accommodation: 62 crew
– Staff / crew 50
– Total accommodation: for persons on board is 112
Superyacht Amenities include: Yacht Eclipse has 2 helicopter pads, one large swimming pool, a missile detection system, a mini submarine with internal submarine boarding, several deck spa pool pools, internal lifts and customised & specialised security systems.
Superyacht News Related to "Photos of the Largest Superyacht ECLIPSE"
- World’s Largest Superyacht Eclipse leaves Blohm + Voss
- Eclipse Yacht Charter – the largest in the world
- Superyacht ECLIPSE Preparing for Delivery to Owner in NORWAY
- New photos of the Superyacht JoyMe recently delivered to her Owner
- 242’ (73.8m) Six-Deck superyacht New Horizon launched by Trinity Yachts – The Largest American Built Superyacht to Launch in 2011