First impressions always count. This is why superyacht owners use designers who have many years of experience creating the most beautiful exteriors on yachts. Big name designers and design companies go all out with innovative ideas, spectacular colours and lines, providing sleek contours as well as amazing, breathtaking styles. Here’s a list of the best exterior designers of 2016 who have put their thoughts and ideas into making luxury yachts the ultimate holiday experience.
1. Espen Øino – based in Monaco, Øino has designed many large superyachts around the world. He is a top exterior designer and responsible for the 140 m Fincantieri Ocean Victory, a highly secretive creation. He also designed the exterior of the stunning Serene, the 12th largest yacht in the world. Aspen Øino has retained his spot as being among the top five designers of the world’s largest yachts. The most outstanding projects by Espen Oeino include 156m Dilbar, 155m Al Said, 126.2m Octopus, 72m Cloudbreak, and 70m Galactica Super Nova to mention but a few.
2. Terrence Disdale Design – Terrence received the Lifetime Achievement Award during the Show Boats Design Award ceremony in 2014. He has designed a large number of superyachts which are ranking on the leading positions in the top largest yachts in the world, such as 139m Al Salamah, 86m Ecsatsea and 81.8m Romea. Not only does he design exteriors but he also designed the interior of the recently launched Abeking & Rasmussen 81m Kibo, the second largest yacht in the world 162m Eclipse and the stunning interior of 147m Topaz.
3. Andrew Winch Designs – Andrew Winch designed the 99m Feadship Madame Gu. This superyacht was named Motor Yacht of the Year at the World Superyacht Awards ceremony in 2014. Winch has also been involved in the design of five of the world’s Top 101 largest superyachts, an impressive accolade. His unique services are highly sought after by yacht owners.
4. Tim Heywood Design – tutored under the professional guidance of the legendary Jon Bannenberg, Tim Heywood is a superyacht designer who has made his name with unique exterior designs. His trademark of curvaceous exterior lines for luxury superyachts has made him one of the top exterior designers around. He has been involved with the 147m Lürssen Topaz, 97m Corinthia VII and 104m Quantum Blue. Heywood’s outstanding projects for Feadship are bespoke 101.5m Symphony and 99m Madame Gu, and stunning 55m Elixir of Amels.
5. Nuvolari Lenard – the Italian duo Carlo Nuvolari and Dan Lenard have created eye-catching yachts in the past. These include four Oceancos and one Lürssen. Another notch in their belt is they paved the way for aft-deck infinity pools that are so popular nowadays with yacht owners. These two innovative designers also had a hand in Steven Spielberg’s Seven Seas where they designed the exterior and interior, the atrium being a jaw-dropping marvel.