Nestled in Rio de Janeiro, in the beautiful South America yacht charter destination – Brazil, Marina da Gloria has released the guidelines for berthing during the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2014. This fabulous superyacht marina can accommodate yachts measuring up to 60 meters in length.
Guidelines for Berthing during the FIFA World Cup 2014 (June/July 2014)
1. Rates & Reservations
Reservations are restricted to a minimum stay of 7 days at following rates:
• BRL 15.00 (fifteen Brazilian Reais) per foot per day, up to 20 days total
• BRL 13.00 (thirteen Brazilian Reais) per foot per day for a stay of more than 21 days
• Major credit cards accepted
• Maximum draught 5m
• Maximum LOA 60m
• Private access with 24h Security and further restricted access to yacht dockage area
• Wi-fi access (free) – in front of main office
• No dock power available (land generators may be provided according to joint demand)
• Fresh Water supply (non-potable)
• Yachts will be moored stern-to only (possibility on floating docks)
• Yachts will be oriented to use Anchors or Mooring Buoys at Marina´s discretion.
• During refueling operations all vessels must employ spill containment barriers
(rented by third parties)
• Marina da Glória stands-by from 08:00AM until 07:00PM daily on VHF Channel 68.
Call sign “Echo 37”
• Office hours: daily, from 08:00AM through 05:00PM
• Parking: 2 parking slots per boat
• General parking on premises
3. Booking Procedures
Due to high demand, Marina da Gloria will confirm berthing on a first come, first serve basis. The marina requests confirmations to be made as soon as possible so it can better accommodate all interested yachts.
Reservations will be confirmed upon payment of 20% of total due for berthing period requested. There will be no refunds for cancellations.
In order to best serve its clients, the marina requires the following information to be submitted upon booking request:
• DRAUGHT (Please provide underwater plan/profile of vessel showing keel, rudder and propeller protrusion in relation to stern of vessel)
• ELECTRICITY REQUIREMENTS (Voltage, Amps, Frequency, Plugs)
• COPY OF VESSEL´S REGISTRY DOCUMENT
• LENGTH OF PASSERELLE AT FULL EXTENSION
• LOWEST PASSERELLE HEIGHT FROM WATERLINE (Steps can be provided with prior notice)