Oculus Technologies is pleased to announce the launch of the latest addition to its YachtEye product portfolio. Combining the latest technology with state of the art 3D graphics, YachtEye is a technically advanced informative product that provides an impressive personalised digital onboard experience.
Based on the original product first developed in 2009, the new and upgraded version of YachtEye provides an enhanced user experience, improved management system plus several “add on” modules offering the Owner a complete interactive virtual 3D experience of their yacht or entire fleet.
Designed to be integrated in to the onboard entertainment system, the onscreen graphics of YachtEye show a 3D customised animation of the superyacht in a realtime location linked to Google earth. The YachtEye package can then be further tailored to allow the Owner to choose from additional modules including TenderTracker, which shows realtime moving 3D models of the yacht’s tenders and toys, FleetView, which provides a global overview of multiple vessels and AirTracker which enables YachtEye to display specified nearby aircraft such as helicopters. Features such as MakkahPointer, RoutePlanner and an Itinerary modules enhance the user experience by providing detailed location information which can be customised for the yacht to include schedules, local attraction information, photos and videos of the yacht in those areas.
As for technical enhancements, the new product now enables a secure duplicate version of your YachtEye from any location in the world allowing Owners to view their yacht and tenders in the 3D animation. The onboard experience is now also more portable with 2D access available on control panels and VoIP phones. It is however the interactive experience which offers the biggest technical change using a customised touch screen application to fully access and explore all that YachtEye has to offer.
Over the last 2 years, Oculus Technologies has installed YachtEye on numerous superyacht projects from 46 – 140 metres across a selection of new build and refit projects in Europe and the Middle East on motor and sail yachts. The product has been specifically designed to enable existing customers to upgrade their original YachtEye and the module formula of the product ranges ensures every customer receives the exact version of the product they need.
More About YachtEye
YachtEye is a high-end information tool specially designed to run onboard super yachts. YachtEye’s primary purpose is to give you information about the yachts current location, its travelled route as well as its planned destination. The product replaces old existing 2D system and gives you a modern and rich 3D interface which makes it suitable for the luxury environment of a super yacht. It also displays the current temperatures, speed of the yacht, wind conditions and much more.
YachtEye makes this happen by gathering its information from both the onboard sensors as well as up to date information directly via the internet. Extra effort is put into the camera movements and animations that makes the application interesting to watch. By changing from a close up view of the yacht to a topographical zoomed out view the viewer gets a better understading of the current position.
Since the application relies on an accurate 3D representation of the world landmarks and similar item that can be spotted from the yacht will also be visible in the application. This also enhances the understanding for the viewer. YachtEye is ideal to use as a startup screen for the televisions onboard. Providing you with a quick over- view of the yachts location it’s planned and historical route as well as the outside air, sea temperature etc.
YACHTEYE VARIANTS AND MODULES
• YachtView – the standard module of any YachtEye unit. It shows a moving 3D model of the yacht in the 3D world on its actual location by integration with onboard navigation systems.
• RoutePlanner – plot lines in the 3D world to depict the planned route. Integration with the onboard ECDIS system for accurate information is possible.
• MakkahPointer – shows the direction to Makkah (the Qiblah) in relation to the position of the yacht. It provides information about the Salat times in the local time zone and can also provide both (3D) visual and audible information of prayers and mosque(s).
• YachtItinerary – informative presentation with text and images of locations along the route such as ports and cities. In addition customised points-of-interests can be set to present the guests with appealing 3D information on specific locations.
• TenderTracker – moving 3D models of the yacht’s tenders and toys in real-time. Providing information about distance, speed, and location or give an estimated time of arrival of guests being picked up on shore.
• ShipTracker – AIS trackable vessels are displayed in YachtEye with their travel history.
• AirTracker – nearby aircrafts such as helicopters and airplanes in YachtEye with their history. For the yacht’s helicopter or private jets 3D models can be displayed in real time.
• Interactive – is a near custom module that allows a touchscreen to be connected to the YachtEye unit. This brings a rich and even more attractive experience to users. Alternatively a Crestron or AMX control system can be used in custom projects.
• And more…
YachtEye is a high-end location based information providing tool, specially designed to run onboard super yachts.
YachtEye’s primary purpose is to give you information about the yacht’s current location, its travelled route as well as its planned destination. YachtEye has a modern and rich 3D interface which makes it suitable for the luxury environment of a super yacht.
With its additional modules, the 3D world of YachtEye becomes even richer. The modules provide additional information for the user about specific topics in the world around the yacht. YachtEye can be implemented as a TV channel and is ideal to use as a startup screen for televisions or control panels onboard.
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES
• Display the current position of the yacht in an accurate 3D representation of the world.
• Display live sensor data from the yachts bridge, providing you with the current temperature, wind direction and speed and much more.
• Display a planned route to the next destination.
• Display a historical route that shows where the yacht previously has been.
• Display location based content; visible and audible.
• Low power consumption, by using solid state and energy efficient components.
• Durable and only high quality components, the system is built to last.
• Low maintenance, the system is built around zero maintenance concepts, making it run without requiring ma-nual input from captain or crew. Oculus Technologies
SPECIFICATIONS OF YACHT EYE
• H: 2RU, D: 15 inch
• Custom housing
• Proprietary data source
• PC to manage device
• Crestron/AMX/etc. control
• Internet access
• 110-240V AC, 50/60Hz via UPS
• NMEA Data source