When the end of last year saw the Capella Hotels and Resorts take over the management of the former Discovery at Marigot Bay in the popular Caribbean yacht charter location – Saint Lucia, one of the top priorities the bespoke ultra-luxury hotel management company undertook was the transformation of its private luxury yacht marina into a world-class port capable of providing yacht owners with a full-service, five-star experience.
By end of summer 2014, the renovated Capella Marina at Marigot Bay will deliver high-end marina dining, entertainment and boutique retail shops featuring fine jewelers, a gourmet food, wine & beverage store and local famed artisans. The new luxury marina facilities will rival those of the Americas and Europe, and create a new exciting dynamic for both the marina and resort guests to enjoy.
To complement the redesign, the Capella Marina at Marigot Bay has unveiled its signature “Five-Star Services Program” offering the following:
• A dedicated reservations system and arrival experience for marina and yacht owners
• Private guided escort from the marina’s bay entrance to the berth
• Personal berthing and line handling assistance, including purpose-built space for some of the world’s most luxurious mega-yachts
• A dedicated personal relations officer to liaise with Saint Lucia Customs, Immigration and Ports staff to ensure quick and easy entry procedures
• Efficient check-in process conducted on the boat
• A Dock Manager and dockhand team to warmly welcome owners, captain, crew and guests upon arrival – arrival amenities include a welcome bottle of famed Chairman’s Reserve Rum, an elegant and indigenous floral bouquet arrangement, international and local newspapers, yachting and travel literature, fresh towels, bottled water and much more
• A dedicated Capella Marina Concierge (or a Personal Assistant) to meet all requests
• A personalized marina services menu that provides daily dry cleaning, room service delivery, housekeeping, private chef services, on-board Auriga spa treatments, wine and rum tastings and specially tailored land activities such as exploring the Pitons, embarking on birding trails, rejuvenating in the island’s Sulphur Spring Mudbaths and much more
• Owners entree to the resort’s exclusive “Capella Living Room” to enjoy complimentary food and beverages
• Specially organized events for the captain and crew by the Capella Marina Concierge
• Dedicated marina security and close-circuit cameras, providing around-the-clock surveillance
• Departure gift and farewell by the Dock Manager and marina staff
• And, signing privileges throughout the hotel’s restaurants, bars, retail shops and the resort’s signature Auriga spa with one inclusive bill upon checkout
Capella Marigot Bay Resort & Marina, Saint Lucia, has commissioned acclaimed design firm, OBM International (OBMI) to re-design the resort and marina. OBMI is recognized for the creation of some of the most stunning hospitality designs in the global luxury resort marketplace and is adopting a holistic approach with regards to Capella Marigot Bay, by intertwining modern design with a sense of place.