British private yachts were once the envy of the world. Now the British superyacht industry is once again finding a new footing in the world of luxury yachts, led by local yacht designers and naval architects. Let’s take a look at some of the finest British superyachts built to see how they stand up to the competition.
British yachts have always been built with highest quality materials. Precision engineering goes into each yacht, as well as professionally designed luxurious interiors and exteriors. Superyachts made in Britain have been enjoyed by many at sea over the years whether owner or yacht charterer. The vessels are synonymous with comfort, strength along with excellent sea-keeping, this is why clients from around the world have bought and are interested in buying luxury yachts made in Britain. Read on to find out more about the top ten finest British yachts.
1. MOTOR YACHT SARAFSA – this 82 m (269 ft) steel boat made by Devonport and conceived by Devonport and Burness Corlett-Three Quays. This fine British vessel accommodates 12 passengers and 25 qualified crew. Andrew Winch undertook the interior design brief specifically for a Middle Eastern owner. This majestic yacht has a six deck structure, a winter garden style dining room, a spa with a retractable roof on the sun deck and a glass topped atrium. It also has a helipad, as well as a wide range of amenities including her own car.
2. M5 (EX. MIRABELLA V) – the lengthy M5 is a fabulous sailing yacht. It’s 75 m (247 ft) in length and was manufactured by Vosper Thornycroft in 2004. The M5 is a grand yacht made in Britain which can accommodate a total of 14 people onboard and 15 crew members. This splendid sailing yacht has been designed by a naval architect called Ron Holland. Ron Holland Design, Tracey-Jayne Caravaggio, Nicholson Interiors and Lucciana Vittoria were involved in the yacht’s interior design.
3. MOTOR YACHT SAMAR – Samar is a 77m, 253 ft, steel vessel produced from the keel up at Devonport in Britain. She accommodates 14 passengers and 20 qualified crew. Her interior designing was created by Joe Tohme. The Samar features large deck areas, a side garage, a large spa pool, an open bar along with a movie theater. Guests can enjoy a spacious main saloon and dining room with large windows. There’s also a fully equipped gym, steam room along with hot and cold pools on the upper deck.
4. THE MITseaAH – built by the Pendennis ship building company in the UK the MITseaAH is 48 m (156 ft) in length. Finished and launched by 2005 Liebowitz & Pritchard Architects used their unique approach to design the interior of the yacht. This luxurious vessel can accommodate up to 11 guests and 8 crew. She can attain a speed of 25 knots and has recently been described as a sloop motor sailer by superyacht enthusiasts.
5. SUPER MOTOR YACHT STEEL – the large superyacht Steel is a motor yacht, ideal for a charter vacation. This impressive 55 m (180 ft) luxury yacht was developed by Pendennis in the UK, 2008. Liebowitz & Pritchard Architects were involved in the interior design and styling of the vessel. She is a recent explorer style expedition yacht highly sought after by guests who enjoy the finer things in life.
6. LUXURY YACHT JUST J’S – the sizeable luxury yacht Just J’s is a motor yacht. This 37 m (121 ft) superyacht was manufactured at Sunseeker International in the UK, 2009. It’s a stylish yacht that can sleep a total of 12 people and has 6 professional crew onboard. She can cruise up to 24 knots and has a range of 1,500 nautical miles. This eye-catching superyacht features four decks, offers remarkable attention to detail and zero-speed stabilization for optimum comfort.
7. MOTOR YACHT ARABIA – the Arabia is a 37m (121 ft) spacious GRP composite vessel. She was fashioned at Sunseeker International in the UK and designed in the office of Don Shead and Sunseeker. This very distinctive UK built superyacht was launched in Poole in 2009 before being delivered to the owner. The vessel can accommodate 10 guests and 7 professional crew. She has been described recently as a tri deck yacht.
8. Charter yacht DEVOCEAN – built in 2008 by Sunseeker in the UK. The 121.39 ft/37m motor yacht Devocean has a beautiful exterior and interior design. She was previously named “Tickle Pink”. The yacht sleeps up to 10 guests in 5 staterooms including a master suite. She can carry 8 crew members onboard who ensure a relaxed, luxury yacht charter for all guests. Devocean’s impressive entertainment and leisure facilities make her the perfect charter yacht for entertaining and socializing with family or friends.
9. MOTOR YACHT THE SNAPPER – with its air conditioning, deck Jacuzzi and Wi-Fi connection on board, this British built superyacht is the real deal. Measuring 121.42 ft (37.01m) the Snapper was built in 2007 by Sunseeker. Her interior layout sleeps up to 10 guests in 5 state rooms including a master suite, 2 double cabins, 2 twin cabins and 2 Pullman beds. With a cruising speed of 20 knots, a maximum speed of 24 knots and a range of 1,700 nautical miles, the Snapper is ideal for a superyacht charter vacation.
10. VAVA II MOTOR YACHT – one of the largest private motor yachts ever built in the UK is the Vava II. This £100,000,000 superyacht has become the most expensive to be built on British shores. At a relatively small 154 feet in length she is also available for private hire. The Vava II has six decks and a helicopter pad. This superyacht features a fold-down beach club and a pool which can be varied in depth. Crowds cheered her off after she completed her sea trials in Plymouth.