The well known British motor yacht builder, Fairline Boats, is celebrating an important milestone, with the launch of its 100th Squadron 78 yacht. The original motor yacht Squadron 78 made her World Premiere at a prominent event near the Tower of London in 2003. Since then, she has grown to become one of Fairline’s most successful and iconic luxury motor yachts, with a very loyal following.
Kevin Gaskell, CEO Fairline Boats, comments: “We are incredibly proud of the fact that the Squadron 78 is now in its 12th year of production, which demonstrates the strength and appeal of its design and build quality. Our teams work tirelessly to ensure that every Squadron 78 is crafted to the owner’s exacting requirements, creating beautifully customised and bespoke luxury motor yachts.”
The 100th build of the luxury yacht Squadron 78 follows the recent launch of its most customised model ever, a Squadron 78 CUSTOM called MATCH 2 yacht. This was one of the Fairline Yacht Division’s most exciting and challenging build projects to-date with almost 400 custom items. MATCH 2 was the owner’s fifth Fairline and his second Squadron 78.
James Powell, Fairline Yacht Division EMEA, commented: “When we launched the Squadron 78 in 2003 we knew we had created a world-beating luxury boat. We have always enjoyed working closely with our customers to create high-end motor yachts that are truly unique. The entire team are incredibly proud of what we have achieved and we are very much looking forward to working with the future owners of new Squadron 78s.”
Comments Kevin Gaskell: “The combination of great sea-keeping, the highest build quality, customisation and strong residual value underlines the Squadron 78 as a market leader and will continue to do so well into the future.”
Top statistics about the Squadron 78:
• The total value of all the Squadron 78s sold to date is over £150million
• If you laid all the 100 Squadron 78s out in a line they would be the equivalent of 1.5 miles in length – that’s 1.5 miles of refined luxury motor yacht!
• A total of 1,942,200 man hours to build all 100 Squadron 78s
• Over 10,000 customisations have been undertaken across all 100 Squadron 78s – making it the most bespoke and customised Fairline boat ever
• Over 160,000 man hours to undertake those customisations
• 7,300 square metres of teak used
• 10,600 square metres of luxury carpet
• 558 tonnes of Coremat fibreglass with 1,200 tonnes of resin
Below is a choice of the stylish charter yachts built by Fairline.
Fairline Boats Charter Yacht Images