When the prestigious Dutch luxury yacht builder, Royal Huisman, established its custom refit service Huisfit in 2011, the goal was made clear. Huisfit would provide: “The perfect way to renovate, restore or maintain a fine yacht (Huisman build or otherwise) to the finest standards. Or to go a step further and enhance the yacht’s technical or lifestyle features as only the Huisman team know how.”
The attraction of that proposition (and the leading edge customer support and service that go with it) has been made clear by the award of some highly impressive refit projects such as the 90m / 305ft sailing yacht Eos, the 40m / 132ft motor yacht Be Mine (ex Leonora) and, most recently, the 70.7m / 231ft motor yacht Skat. In total, the projects undertaken or secured during the past 12 months amount to a 322.5m (1055ft) in combined length overall*.
* The full 2011-2012 list: 70.7m Lürssen Skat, 23.8m Truly Classic sloop Heartbeat, 90m three-masted Lürssen schooner Eos, 40m Lürssen Be Mine, 21m classic motor yacht Nixe II, 36m Royal Huisman motor yacht Arcadia, 41m Royal Huisman sailing yacht William Tai.
This success stems from a high quality package that is recognized to be innovative, flexible and competitive:
• Access to Royal Huisman’s Intelligent Engineering™ process, bringing together the yard’s exceptional infrastructure, technology and skills with leading Dutch marine industry specialists to provide a bespoke solution for every refit project.
• A choice of refit at the Huisman yard in Vollenhove or at selected deep water locations elsewhere in Holland.
• A very comprehensive range of refit, rebuild and reclassification services.
• Competitive prices, realistic budgets and reliable delivery dates supported by regular progress and financial reports.
• Exceptional facilities, hospitality and logistical support for owner’s project managers and crew, with 24/7 access to Project offices.
• A well-established yard that provides excellent aftersales service and can always be relied upon to stand behind its work.
Be Mine completed
The refit and transformation of the 40m motor yacht Be Mine is completed and following sea trials, she has sailed from the yard.
Skat and Heartbeat both sign Huisfit
The 70.7m (232ft) Lürssen motor yacht Skat is in Harlingen where Huisfit is undertaking a range of refit work under covered dry dock including: alterations and renovations to tender bay garage, new exterior furniture for main and bridge decks, changes to Spa Pool deck, a variety of system works and general works. The 23.8m (78ft) Truly Classic sailing yacht Heartbeat arrived in Vollenhove for painting, varnishing and upgrades of the electrical & board systems.
Huisfit at METS
Huisfit will be exhibiting on Stand #10.616 in the Superyacht Pavilion at the Marine Equipment Trade Show in Amsterdam from November 13-15.