An exceptional, global audience gathered together over the last two days in Singapore’s Swissotel The Stamford for the 2011 ICOMIA World Marine Conference. Held in Asia for the first time ever, 270 delegates attended from far and wide with representatives from Korea, China, Thailand, India, US, Hong Kong, Australia, Europe, Middle East, South America and of course, Singapore.
“The impressive turnout at the conference this year has shown that Asia is the new frontier,” commented YP Loke, Chairman of Singapore Boating Industry Association. “SBIA are really delighted to have hosted such a successful conference. From the content presented and discussions that took place, it was clear that there is dramatic development and huge growth happening in the region.” The conference programme covered content in marina operations and management as well as planning and development. Panel sessions and presentations saw discussions on the state of the global marina industry with a big focus on emerging markets. Discussions included topics on drystack storage, best practice operational issues, effective online marina promotion and marina industry education and training.
Networking breaks allowed for delegates to visit the sponsor booth arena, where over 25 marina suppliers showcased their products. Silver Sponsor, Camper & Nicholsons Marinas announced cooperation agreement with BR Marinas Brazil. The partnership marks the cooperation towards the growth of luxury marinas in Brazil. The agreement reflects the growing importance of international networks in the marina business combining various experiences, knowledge and skill base. Further networking opportunities for attendees included an evening drinks reception and dinner buffet held at ONE°15 Marina Club.
About The Singapore Boating Industry Association (SBIA)
The Singapore Boating Industry Association (SBIA) is the lead association of the boating industry in Singapore. It is an all-inclusive association championing the Industry’s interests nationally and internationally.
• Work with the Industry to enhance the consumers’ boating experience and manage the public mindshare for boating
• Represent the Industry at the international level, at organisations such as the International Council of Marine Industry Associations (ICOMIA)
• Represent the Industry at national level, at organisations such as the Singapore Business Federation
• Organise and participate in public outreach.
• Manage the Industry’s image, including the boating brand, and public perception of the Industry
• Provide a platform for industry forums and members discourse
• Collate and dispense industry statistics and economic impact information
• Promote professionalism and best practice within Industry
• Promote sustainable development and the conservation of natural marine resources,
• Reinforce the Industry’s stakeholding in the physical and economic environment (such as waterfront access and open seas) against competing interests.
• Consult and work with public agencies in the formulation of legislative policies which may affect the Industry.
• Promulgate a code of conduct as a foundation for developing and encouraging high standards of conduct and customer service
About The Informa Yacht Group: Global Leaders in Yachting Events
The Informa Yacht Group (IYG) is part of InformaPlc and encompasses all the company’s leisure marine events.
Informa is internationally renowned as a leading provider of information and knowledge via a wide spectrum of media. The company is also the largest publicly-owned organiser of exhibitions and conferences in the world, with between 8,000 and 10,000 events held annually in 46 countries.
As the world’s leading organiser of Business-to-Business yachting Events, Informa Yacht Group offers an industry-specific marketing platform for the luxury yachting and lifestyle sectors, through a global portfolio of exhibitions, conferences, regattas and other events.
IYG provides the yachting industry’s manufacturers, suppliers and sponsors with a truly international marketing platform through a global portfolio of superyacht and other marine-industry events:
• The Monaco Yacht Show
• The Abu Dhabi Yacht Show
• Middle East Superyacht Conference
• The Singapore Yacht Show
• Asia Superyacht Conference
• The Superyacht Cup, Palma & Antigua
• The Superyacht Cup Special Edition, Cowes 2012
• The Phuket International Boat Show
• The World Yacht Racing Forum
• The Yacht Racing Design & Technology Symposium
• International Superyacht Coatings Conference
• ICOMIA World Marinas Conference