In 2019 Damen expedition yacht GAME CHANGER circumnavigated the globe, and the journey of nearly 50,000 nautical miles revealed areas of improvement that would be addressed in a 10-month refit by Icon Yachts.
Since her launch in 2017, E/Y GAME CHANGER has received continual enhancement based on usage, and in 2018 a new lounge and dining area were installed on the tender deck. The most recent changes include:
- A new hull repaint
- A jet black repaint of the main deck superstructure
- A new stern extension which adds a swim platform to better suit dive operations, increasing overall length to 72m/236ft
- New interior styling by Struik & Hammerslag
- Optimised Dynamic Positioning System (DPS)
- New stabiliser fins
- A heated beach club with toy storage
- Larger windows for the guest cabins and tender deck
- New Feebe passerelle for greater mooring flexibility
- A modified, reduced-height crane with lifting block and removable railings for better operations, and
- sound and vibrations dampening.
E/Y GAME CHANGER will now undergo sea trials in the North Sea before returning to her adventures across the world, which can be followed through her official Instagram account.