The USA DMCA Copyright and Intellectual Property Infringement ...

The USA DMCA Copyright and Intellectual Property Infringement Complaint Notice Procedure

This page is for a copyright or IP complaint notice to be used if you are a US resident currently residing or an agent of a company incorporated and operating in the USA. All other individuals or companies must follow the notice instructions here.

To file a copyright infringement notification you must send a written letter or fax to us with all of the following information accurately contained in it establishing copyright, using the following format:

- Include a statement informing that you have found an image or text on CharterWorld which you believe infringes your copyright (for example, "I hereby confirm that I believe the image identified at URL below infringes my copyright").
- Explain which country your copyright applies to.
- Include the full URL or page reference which publishes the copyrighted material.
- Explain in full as to how the material infringes your copyright.
- Identify the type (e.g. a photograph, a piece of text, an image, a book, etc.) and details (e.g. title, publisher, dates, etc.) of the copyright work which you own the rights to and which you believe has been infringed.
- Provide your contact information so that we can get in touch with you (email address is preferred).
Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorised by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law. I swear that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.”
Sign the complaint notice personally.

IMPORTANT: If you have not completed all steps and provided the requisite information and evidence of ownership your complaint cannot be processed.

Please note that it is important legally to ensure you know whether the content that you have seen on does in fact infringe your copyright.

If you are unsure as to your legal rights are, or as to whether you own copyright and your whether your copyright has been infringed, you should check with a legal adviser first.

You are hereby put on notice that there may well be adverse legal consequences in your country to your actions if you make a false, inaccurate or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this complaint notice process.

You may post your completed complaint to
P.O. Box 604
New Zealand

Or Fax it to: +44 207 927 3315

Quick Enquiry

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter