Monaco Yacht Charter
Monaco is a great place to begin the amazing experience of a luxury Cote d'Azur yacht charter. Many people charter a private yacht in the Cote d'Azur to involve themselves in the excitement and frivolity of Monaco. Synonymous with the annual Grand Prix, the casinos and the decadent indulgence of living that comes with any tax-free haven, Monaco is a hub of wealth, glamour and superyachts. Monaco is one of the classic Mediterranean harbours many of us have dreamed about relaxing on the aft deck of a luxury yacht.
The Cost To Charter a Yacht in Monaco:
Monaco yacht charter prices vary according to the size, style and age of the yacht. Our luxury superyacht charter yachts rent from 30,000 Euro to over 1,000,000 per week, plus expenses, in the form of an advanced provisioning allowance (APA). Conversely, smaller 'all inclusive' type vacations cost between Euro 15,000 to 50,000 per week.
Superyachting in Monaco: Some Tips
Monaco immediately springs to mind when you think about luxury superyachts. It’s a destination in the heart of the French Riviera with the striking cities of Cannes and Nice close by. Monaco’s harbour is home to some of the most beautiful yachts in the world, especially during the summer months when the rich and famous flock to the region to enjoy a summer of spectacular events.
Noted mostly for its famous Formula 1 Grand Prix race which takes place in May each year, Monaco is also a superyacht hotspot and luxury yacht charter groups arrive in Port Hercules marina to the glitter of city lights. With its twisting streets, amazing restaurants, fabulous shopping opportunities and party atmosphere, Monaco should definitely be put on your yacht charter bucket list.
Port Hercules is well sought after as a place to berth, especially throughout the more popular months of the year. There are plenty of facilities here such as electricity, fuel and fresh water. What’s more there are also 30 berths for superyachts of 25m-30m and 20 berths for 30m yachts and over.
Whether you’re on a yacht charter vacation or visiting, the principality of Monaco is the place to see and be seen. The Monaco yachting season finishes in September with the Monaco Yacht Show, a prestigious event showcasing the latest superyacht concepts and launches – an opportunity not to be missed.
The best time to visit Monaco on a luxury yacht is from May to September. July and August are very busy months packed with local events at the height of the summer weather, while May and September play host to the motor race of the year as well as the yacht show. Both of these highlights attract thousands of people, so reserve a superyacht sooner rather than later so you don’t miss out on the delights of Monaco.
It’s worth leaving your yacht to taste the fine dining in some of Monaco’s best restaurants, such as the Louis XV restaurant at the Hotel de Paris. This is one of the grandest restaurants in Monaco which has been awarded three Michelin stars.
A less formal restaurant can be found at the Monte Carlo Beach Hotel, where guests can savour mouth-watering sea food while absorbing the spectacular views. As an alternative venue, Le Vistamar at the Hermitage Hotel overlooks the harbour for anther stunning view while dining alfresco from the gorgeous terrace.
For shopaholics, there are no shortages of shopping opportunities here. With its glamour and wealth, Monaco has the major fashion labels and high-end luxury goods. In the Metropole and Fontvieille shopping centres, there’s a huge variety of stores to choose from to shop till you drop. Jewellery shops stock famous brands like Bulgari, Piaget, Van Cleef and Cartier, so head for the Place du Casino for a day of indulgence.
When it comes to partying, Monaco just can’t be beaten. It’s a top Mediterranean destination for party lovers with most of the action taking place on the yachts anchored in Port Hercules. Over the Grand Prix weekend, Jimmy’z nightclub is a wonderful place where many of the rich and famous head to.
With so many places in Monaco to see, make sure to arrange your itinerary to take in Monte Carlo Casino and the Opera House. The Prince’s Palace and the Oceanographic Museum are two other popular attractions. Fort Antoine is an early XVIII century fortress which is now used as an outdoor theatre. Seating up to 350 people it’s a sight out of the ordinary. The Jardin Exotique is another destination worth visiting:, set on a steep cliff with lush, green gardens and a backdrop of the beautiful blue Mediterranean Sea.
What to wear in Monaco largely depends on where you go. While swimwear is acceptable on board your superyacht or at the beach, once you leave your yacht it’s good etiquette to dress elegantly or smart-casual. One of the most exciting things in Monaco is to see how people dress when out socialising. It’s often like a fashion parade wherever you go, so put your best clothes on and join the party.
The traffic can be very congested during the hot, summer months so be prepared for traffic: If you were considering driving, getting around in Monaco is easier by taxi. Lots of people use Monaco’s heliports plus there’s a useful shuttle service between Nice Airport and Monaco itself.
Monaco is an important part of any French Riviera, yacht charter vacation on either a sailing or power boat. Despite the trend toward materialism, this tiny principality is steeped in history and natural beauty. Explore the old medieval town home to the Prince's Palace and the Oceanographic Museum; stroll through the exotic botanical gardens; take a swim in the heated saltwater pools or do a workout in the sport complex attached to the yachting harbour. Everything you need is in close proximity to where the charter yachts are moored as the principality is merely one square mile in total size.
Indulge in a bowl of the famous Soup de Poisson, at one of the lovely wharf side restaurants. Better still, step aboard your charter yacht and enjoy a glass of crisp, cold French Chablis, as you watch the glamorous world go by. From Monaco, head west along the French Riviera toward Villefranche or St Jean Cap Ferrat, followed by Nice, Antibes, Cannes, St Tropez and then on to the Iles d'Hyeres where you'll find some quaint and scenic anchorages, small villages, and authentic French restaurants. Believe it or not, they do still exist! Monaco is also a great northern point to begin a yacht charter vacation down the spectacular Italian Riviera.
Another event of interest in Monaco is the Monaco Yacht Show which is held annually in September at Port Hercules. The show brings together professionals from the international luxury yachting sector including luxury yacht builders, brokers, designers, equipment suppliers, and service providers to show off the latest and greatest luxury yachts for sale in Monaco. The Show is the only one worldwide which is exclusively devoted to superyachts for sale and is the largest floating luxury yacht display in Europe of super and mega yachts.
As one of the most famous yacht charter grounds in the Mediterranean, Monaco and the French Riviera have all types of yacht charter available including motor, sailing, crewed yachts, catamaran, luxury yachts and of-course the ever increasing super yacht charter. The emphasis in Monaco is on larger private luxury yacht charters.
Like most of the Mediterranean, the Monaco and French Riviera yacht chartering season generally runs from April to the end of October. The summer season in July and August is the hottest and tends to have the lightest winds. This is also the high season as far as yacht charter goes. Other good times to charter your yacht is generally on either of the shoulder seasons (April-May and September-October), each side of the main summer season, as the temperatures are still comfortable, and the onshore tourists have yet to arrive in their largest numbers.
Top 10 reasons to Charter a Superyacht In Monaco
In addition to what has already been mentioned above about yachting in the Principality, here is a list of reasons what you should consider putting Monaco on your Mediterranean charter itinerary.
1. When it comes to a charter yacht holiday Monaco ticks most of the right boxes. Located on the French Riviera in Western Europe, it overlooks the Mediterranean Sea and borders Italy and France and is only around eight miles north east of Nice and a little further from Antibes, Cannes and St Tropez.
2. Spend a few days in Monaco and go high-end shopping. There's a fantastic selection of exclusive boutiques such as Louis Vuitton, Prada, Hermes and Yves Saint Laurent, what a selection for the world's second smallest country. Also the restaurants, nightlife and beach clubs are well known in the area.
3. Head for one of Monaco's two famous ports, Port Hercule and Port of Fontvieille to drop anchor. Some of the world's most expensive superyachts can be seen here, sometimes with celebrities onboard. To give you an idea of the size Monaco's ports are, despite the Principality’s extremely modest size, there's enough mooring and anchoring space for up to five hundred vessels.
4. On your Monaco charter itinerary don't forget to include the Monaco Grand Prix. It's one of the most famous car races in the world taking place every year in May, an event not to be missed. Imagine combining the Monaco Grand Prix with a superyacht charter vacation – wow!
5. The beautiful French Riviera sovereign state of Monaco also has a glorious beach, Larvotto Beach. During your time here chill out, top up your tan and go for a swim in the Med. Have a drink and a meal at one of the beach bars while watching the world go by.
6. Each year the French Riviera and Monaco in particular host around 50% of the world's superyacht fleet. It's a major tourist attraction with an unrivalled coastline, a beautiful town with stunning views across the Med. Monaco is also home to the House of the Grimaldi family, see if you can spot one of the Royals on your visit.
7. The Monaco Yacht Show is one of the most prestigious events of the year. Held annually towards the end of September it's the place to be to enjoy an exciting exhibition of superyacht charter vessels, high-tech nautical products and even complimentary boat shuttle services.
8. Why not arrange for your motor yacht to sail to the different anchorages around Monaco so you can enjoy your superyacht charter's inflatable water toys? There's something for everyone from jet skis to sea bobs, inflatable tubes, scuba diving and snorkeling equipment. After a fun day of activity out in the Med, an onboard chef will prepare a sumptuous evening meal.
9. Make sure your vacation includes a visit to one of Monaco's five casinos. The world famous Casino de Monte-Carlo is the place to be seen. There's a wide range of table games like Roulette, Black Jack, Chemin de Fer and Punto Banco. Try your luck, you never know you might be a winner.
10. For comfort and pleasure you can't beat staying on board a yacht to combine elegance, sophistication and the freedom to dock in amazing locations like Monaco. On board you can expect a five star personalized service, superior facilities and amenities as well as splendid cabins for the ultimate in relaxation.
Here are some locations nearby:
Monaco Yacht Charter Enquiry
The cruise was fantastic and the "Impulse" is a truly comfortable and luxurious yacht and we all enjoyed our team there very much. Everything was perfectly prepared when we arrived and the crew was amazing --- Jolande is a fantastic and creative chef who created the most delicious food always wonderfully presented (I very much enjoyed joining her early morning in St. Tropez on her shopping tour to the fish market and other lovely butchers, bakeries and cheese shop where we found the most delicious ingredients for her magical cooking), Bernadette took care of us in the most friendly and attentive way and last but not least Tim, a very helpful and insightful skipper who showed us the most beautiful places. The "Impulse" is a wonderful yacht but the crew made us feel right away at "home" amongst friends. To make a long story short, the cruise was a wonderful and most enjoyable experience and I'm sure it was not the last time I spend time on the "Impulse". A.B from Thailand chartered IMPULSE in St Tropez, Cannes, Monaco in Sept
Yachting Destinations Near Monaco
In close proximity to Monaco are a number of exciting sailing destination.
Yachts for Charter in Monaco
THE MEDITERRANEAN Yacht Charter Specials
Charter Yacht Disclaimer
This document is not contractual. The yacht charters and their particulars displayed in the results above are displayed in good faith and whilst believed to be correct are not guaranteed. CharterWorld Limited does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information and/or images displayed. All information is subject to change without notice and is without warrantee. A professional CharterWorld yacht charter consultant will discuss each charter during your charter selection process. Starting prices are shown in a range of currencies for a one-week charter, unless otherwise marked. Exact pricing and other details will be confirmed on the particular charter contract. Just follow the "reserve this yacht charter" link for your chosen yacht charter or contact us and someone from the CharterWorld team will be in touch shortly.