Sunseeker International, a UK-based builder of the world’s most luxurious motoryachts, today achieved another landmark in its illustrious history when founder Robert Braithwaite laid the first gelcoat on the mould of the new 47m motor yacht Sunseeker 155. Scheduled for completion in December 2013, the Sunseeker 155 superyacht is the first semi-displacement, round bilge and long keel hull, developed by this shipyard.
The luxury yacht Sunseeker 155 is the largest build to date undertaken by the Poole Shipyard which can now soundly lay claim to being the only production boat builder in the world to be manufacturing a range of composite boats from 40 to 155 feet in length.
With a 4,500 nautical mile range, accommodation for up to 12 guests and 10 crew members whilst sliding in at just below a colossal 500 gross tonnes, the 155 Yacht is set to make a statement. The new flagship Yacht will incorporate innovative inset ship’s balconies, transverse garaging of tenders and toys, including a very private megayacht beach club with lower deck dayroom, folding platform and tender docking.
Robert Braithwaite paid particular tribute to the design and engineering teams at Sunseeker who’s hard work over the last 3 years have produced a stunning example to top the Sunseeker range.
Robert commented, “Today is the beginning of the manufacturing process that will make my dream a reality. She will not be owned by many but those that do will be buying a craft of exceptional style, quality and innovation.”
Superyacht News Related to "Works on the 47m superyacht Sunseeker 155 by Sunseeker Yachts started"
- Sunseeker Yachts to attend Sanctuary Cove Boat Show with Sunseeker Predator 64 yacht on display
- Sunseeker 28 Metre Superyacht received ‘Best Production Motoryacht’ award
- 47m Sunseeker 155 Yacht due to be launched in 2014
- Sunseeker International announce the formation of Sunseeker Yachts Spain
- Sunseeker 30m Yacht on display in the Yas Marina during the Emirates Airline Invitational charity pro-am golf event