West Marine, America’s largest retailer of boating supplies and accessories, has announced its second annual “Green Product of the Year” contest. As part of West Marine’s mission to reduce its impact on the environment, West Marine will award one prize of $10,000 to the designated Official Winner at the 2011 Miami International Boat Show.
The Green Product of the Year competition is free and is open to individual manufacturers, distributors and/or inventors of boating products. Entrants will be judged on the basis of the product’s effectiveness, environmental impact, degree of innovation and cost-effectiveness. All environmental or efficacy claims must be verifiable and substantiated by an independent third party.
Participants are able to enter the contest as well as view the complete rules and entry requirements by completing an entry form between March 20, 2010 and October 1, 2010.
West Marine’s “Green Product of the Year” in 2010 was Mercury Marine’s MercMonitor, featuring the ECO-Screen.
Superyacht News Related to "West Marines second annual “Green Product of the Year” contest."
- West Marine 2011 ‘Green Product of the Year’ contest
- West Marine´s Green Product of the Year contest seeks entries
- SOS Marine winner of the Australian Business Award for Product Excellence and Best New Product in the 2011 Awards
- B&G multifunction display Zeus wins BMEA Product of the Year Award
- Australian Compliant Product at the 52nd Annual BIA Melbourne Boat Show