The 60 metre super nova yacht by Sauter Carbon Offset Design is a revolutionary plug-in, super fast, super green, solar hybrid superyacht that’s capable of generating enough surplus electricity to cruise Carbon Neutral for 7,000 nautical miles every year.
Richard Sauter Head of design comments on the megayacht design: “Super Nova’s state of the art Green Technology demonstrates that Carbon Neutral Superyachts are not just a futuristic dream, but a present day fact of life destined to become a ubiquitous reality.”
The Supernova and Formula Zero boats are the only superyachts to harness sustainable sources of energy from Wingsails, PV Cells, and Power sailing KER, which combined with Plug-in power sources charge a Lithium ion storage system that runs all Hotel services. This same Lithium UPS enables Super Nova to reach her highest speeds and navigate harbors and inland waterways with Zero emissions.
The currently available Green Technology present in Super Nova Superyacht includes:
• Mercedes Benz & Daimler BlueTec diesel electric power generation
• State of the art adjustable camber fully rotational Wingsails.
• Optimum solar cell deployment. 650sq. meters rated at 100kws
• Power sailing (KER) (Kinetic energy regeneration)•
• Azimuth counter rotating CLT high torque propeller systems.
• Advanced wave piercing Catamaran Hi-speed displacement hull design
• Advanced aerodynamic PV deck spoilers and radar tower canopy
• Energy efficient equipment, AC & refrigeration with waste heat recover
• Computerized energy management, maintenance & guidance.
• Plug-in Lithium UPS rated at 1,000Kwh.
Super Nova’s Catamaran Hi-speed wave piercing hulls along with self leveling sea keeping hydro & aerodynamic advances will make her easily the Fastest Power Sailing Megayacht in the world.
Cruising at 18 knots a 75 to 100% reduction in GHG emissions is achieved by employing multiple BlueTec diesel electric drives supported by fully rotational wingsails, power sailing & wave motion regeneration, a 650 square meter solar cell array and UPS backup.
All combined, cruising at an average speed of 8 knots Super Nova’s regenerative charge and lithium UPS provide for a virtually unlimited Zero Carbon cruising range.
Super Nova 60 Luxury Yacht Specifications:
Length 60 m
Beam 18 m
Sail area 1,200+sq.m
Max speed 22+ knots
Mercedes Benz & Daimler BleuTec Gensets diesel/electric
Zero carbon motoring range 50nm
Power sailing cruising range at 12 knots 4,000+nm
CO2 per day 9tons
CO2 reduction 29tons per day
Zero Carbon power sailing range at 8knots average Unlimited
Carbon Neutral power sailing range at 16knots average 7,000+nm
As a Certified Carbon Offset yacht Project Super Nova can save more than 6,000 tons of CO2 per year. Plugged in to shore power she is capable of feeding 400+Mwh’s of electricity to the grid. Enough energy to make 7,000 nautical miles of Carbon Neutral voyages every year.
The Super Nova vessel has winning performance, spacious comfort and Carbon Neutral presence is certain to establish her as the Paradigm Superyacht of our age.
Superyacht News Related to "The Super Nova 60 m Superyacht by Sauter Carbon Offset Design – the Worlds First Carbon Neutral Megayacht"
- Sauter Carbon Offset Design Introduces Superyacht Transcendence, the world’s first Zero Carbon Megayacht
- The world’s first Carbon Neutral speed boat – the Guardian S Class by Sauter Carbon Offset Design
- The World’s First Zero Carbon ´Emax Super Marine 45´ Superyacht Tender by Sauter Carbon Offset Design
- Ocean Empire LSV by Sauter Carbon Offset Design – The World’s First Self Sufficient Zero Carbon Superyacht.
- Sauter Carbon Offset Design lowers fuel consumption in superyacht by 50% without any extra costs