Invented by Simon Sivertsen from Norway, the SUBWING is a brand new superyacht toy that entirely redefines underwater fun. This watersport product provides all kinds of exciting acrobatics underwater, while in complete control of movement.
How it works
The SUBWING consists of two separate wings connected in a rotatable swivel. By grabbing the grip on each wing, it can easily be controlled in all directions. Maneuvering is done by tilting the wings in different angels. Tilt both wings downwards to dive, and upwards to resurface. If attempting a roll, simply tilt the wings in opposite directions.
Controlling the SUBWING is easy to learn and comes naturally to many first timers. For more experienced SUBWING users, a single hand grip is mounted between the wings at the behind. This is designed to be used when equalizing ear pressure and one hand is needed.
Water is about 800 times denser than air, therefore high speeds are not necessary to achieve a thrilling sensation under water. A towing speed is of around 2-4 knots. This speed is easily achievable by a small boat with an insignificant motor, and is plenty to perform impressive acrobatic maneuvers under water.
Superyacht News Related to "SUBWING – a new superyacht toy that redefinds underwater fun"
- Underwater Vehicle HydroView – a new superyacht toy by Aquabotix
- New Abyss Boards water toy that lets you ‘fly’ underwater
- The U-010 Underwater Luxury Yacht Design Concept.
- Sub-surface MSV Explorer & SP02 Cat Underwater Pods
- Superyacht Wild Oats XI to test a new underwater configuration at Audi Hamilton Island Race Week 2012