On June 17, 2010, Norwegian Cruise Line and STX France signed the delivery agreement of the cruise ship Norwegian Epic.
The vessel was ordered in September 2006, and the construction of the vessel started end 2007. Norwegian Epic represents the largest ship ever built in Saint-Nazaire shipyard.
Norwegian Cruise Line and STX France are very pleased of the achievement today. This key step is the beginning of a major launch programme that will start in Europe before the transatlantic crossing to New York.
With this delivery, Norwegian Cruise Line and STX France are most honoured of the excellent partnership between their teams during the whole building period of the ship.
Norwegian Epic left the Loire Estuary around 9.00 pm yesterday for her European presentation in Rotterdam (Netherland) to the European travel agents and media on June 19 – before her transatlantic crossing from Southampton to New York on June 24. The vessel will be christened in New York in front of her godmother, American singer Reba McEntire, on July 2. The cruise ship will serve as the host venue for the 34th Annual Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks event (to be broadcast live on NBC-TV on July 4 beginning at 9 p.m. ET) before repositioning to Miami, its home for the coming year. The ship is scheduled to sail alternating seven-day Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries out of Miami.
Key figures for Norwegian Epic (C33)
– Length : 330 meters
– Breadth : 41 meters
– Decks : 19
– Number of passenger cabins / passengers : 2114 / 5186 pax
– Number of crew cabins / crew members : 1404 / 1730 crew
– People onboard max. : 6430
– Propulsion : Diesel / Electric
– Total propulsive power : 2 x 24 MW – 137 revs/ min. about on 2 shaftlines
– Classification : DET NORSKE VERITAS
– Flag : Bahamas
Norwegian Cruise Line’s 4,200-passenger Norwegian Epic is bigger than all but a handful of Royal Caribbean ships, Epic will be more than 60% larger than the largest NCL ship currently at sea and dwarf the biggest vessels operated by such big-ship lines as Carnival, Princess and Celebrity.
Superyacht News Related to "STX France and Norwegian Cruise Line sign the delivery of Cruise ship Norwegian Epic"
- STX Finland and TUI Cruises sign a contract for a 295m luxury Cruise Ship
- Motor yacht Talisman C by Proteksan Turquoise set for 2 year World Cruise after her delivery in June
- Luxury cruise ship Allure of the Seas to debut in December.
- World’s largest cruise ship, Allure of the Seas delivered
- Final sea-trial and delivery of My Sisa, the fifteenth model of Benetti Vision 145’, the line created by Stefano Righini.