Yesterday, we bought you news regarding the Super maxi sailing yacht ICAP Leopard who contacted the RORC Race Office to announce that they were retiring from the Sevenstar Round Britain and Ireland Race. News in from ICAP Leopard is that the goose-neck fitting, attaching the boom to the mast, was the reason for their retirement.
“After a great fast start and only two hours into the race, we were obviously bitterly disappointed in not being able to continue in this fantastic race. The boom failure left us with no option but to retire, everything is now in order and we are making our way back to Southampton.” Message from ICAP Leopard received: 17:30 Monday 23.08.10
ICAP Leopard were forced to retire from the race but they sent the RORC this video which shows the amazing conditions prior to their exit from the race.
Superyacht News Related to "Sevenstar Round Britain & Ireland Race – Update on Sailing yacht ICAP Leopard"
- Sevenstar Round Britain & Ireland Race – Sailing yacht ICAP Leopard retires
- Sevenstar Round Britain and Ireland Race morning update
- Sevenstar Round Britain and Ireland Race: Sailing yacht Groupama leads by 18 miles
- Sevenstar Round Britain & Ireland Race begins.
- Sevenstar Round Britain & Ireland Race – Telefonica Azul leads fleet to Scotland