Underwater Lights USA, suppliers of underwater lighting for the marine industry since 2000, is proud to introduce their newest line of lighting, light emitting plasma (LEP). Light emitting plasma LEPs are the next generation of high intensity lighting.
The combination of the best qualities of metal halide and LED lighting are utilized in a solid state device that generates high frequency energy to excite a plasma light source. This source of lighting was developed for streets, parking lots, factories and anywhere efficient high intensity lighting is required. SeaVision has adapted this technology to become the successor to their metal halide line of underwater lighting for large yachts and superyachts.
Some other benefits of light emitting plasma lights include:
- Efficient green technology
- Over 30,000 hours of life
- 23,000 lumens with a very high source density of 115 lumens per watt
- A color temperature of 5,750 Kelvin which is perfect for underwater lighting
- Light is provided by a single source, unlike LEDs where you require multiple diodes or metal halide where a large lamp source is required
- A 140-degree wide light beam angle allowing linear underwater lighting for the first time with the correct installation placement
- Supplies consistent light intensity through the entire light spread with no hot spots or dark areas
- Light is dimmable to 20-percent of full brightness in a fraction of a second
- System is configured for use with digital network controlled on board systems or analog dimmers
- Short light turn on time of 40 seconds with a two minute restrike
- SV37 lights are supplied in weld in angles from flush to 50 degrees to suit all hull shapes
- SV10 lights for GRP hulls are flush only
- All maintenance is from inside the hull
Underwater Lights USA has been providing high-end underwater lighting since 2000. We were the first to manufacture and represent a complete line of underwater lighting for all sizes of boats, as well as have international distributorships.
Company representatives will be on hand during METS, Nov. 16-18, 2010, in the Superyacht Pavillion and were also present at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show.Follow Us:
Superyacht News Related to "Revolutionary Plasma Underwater Lighting for superyachts"
- Revolutionary ‘Mood Magic’, Superyacht lighting by Lumotics Marine
- Savage Marine Ltd launch new interior LED lighting range for superyachts
- OceanView debuts revolutionary video stabilization for Apollo night-vision cameras
- Underwater Vehicle HydroView – a new superyacht toy by Aquabotix
- Aqua Star Underwater Dive Scooters expands distribution to China and Asia