Breaking records, Prout has successfully infused all three hulls of its innovative sailing trimaran, the PT-138, using epoxy resin at the yard in Zhuhai (China). The Prout Trimaran 138’ is designed and constructed as an all-composite shallow draft sailing trimaran with a 46 ft beam with a very small draft of only 1.52 m. The hull and deck are to be constructed utilizing Prout International’s mold and when the Prout PT 138 is launched it will be the largest sailing trimaran in the world.
This 138 ft trimaran has been designed to conduct extended offshore passages with her owner and may also be used for luxury yacht charters.
Prout Pt-138s General specifications:
Rigging and Sails:
Mast Height: 43m.
Water Tank: 3,785 l
Fuel Tank: 15,142 l
Engine: 625 cv
Superyacht News Related to "Prout PT 138: The World’s largest sailing trimaran taking shape"
- Prout International starts construction of second Prout PT 138: The World’s largest sailing trimaran
- 44m Charter Yacht Hemisphere launched by Pendennis -The world’s largest sailing catamaran
- Video of Riva 122′ Yacht MYTHOS taking shape
- World’s Largest Sailing Catamaran Hemisphere engineered by BMT Nigel Gee
- Venice AC World Series 2012: Taking Shape in the Arsenale