Commissioned by the Government of Fiji in order to help the growing tourism industry, Port Denarau Marina, a beautiful superyacht marina situated in a beautiful yacht charter destination – Fiji, has begun dredging to increase depth from 3.5m to 5m MLWS to permit deep draft Super Yacht as well as small Cruise Ship access.
In support of this commitment by the Government of Fiji, Port Denarau Marina will be expanding the Super Yacht Marina to provide an additional three 50 metre and four 30 metre berths for the 2012 season.
The last three years have seen exciting developments for the Super Yacht market in Fiji with a dramatic increase in arrivals and lenght of stay. Internationally there is also an increased interest in Fiji as a Super Yacht Charter Destination with the introduction of new legislation called the Super Yacht Charter Decree. Fiji is fast becoming the Super Yacht Hub of the South Pacific with Port Denarau Marina positioning itself as the main port for operations.
Once completed, Port Denarau Marina will have 15 specialist Super Yacht Berths in total, comprising of 1 @ 78m LOA, 6 @ 50m LOA and 8 @ 30m LOA. This is in addition to the 6 @ 20m LOA and 21 @ 18 LOA.
The new berths will be installed and in operation by May 2012.
Superyacht News Related to "Port Denarau Marina expands to provide new superyacht berths for the 2012 season"
- New floating Jetty at Port Denarau Marina, Fiji.
- Port Tarraco Meets Demand for 30 – 160m Superyacht Berths in the Mediterranean
- Marina Port de Mallorca celebrates the beginning of the high season with a “full-house” BBQ
- Saudi Arabia Marina berths to increase by 50% by 2012
- Marina at Keppel Bay meets rising demand for superyacht berths in Singapore