Monaco Yacht Show seems to have attracted enormous interest form the yacht industry this year. Having gained outstanding reputation over the past few years, this year’s even is highly anticipated. MYS has began with the MYS Award Ceremony, which has certainly brought a lot of pride and happiness to multi award winning Wider 150. Below is the press release from the MYS Awards Ceremony.
MULTI AWARD WINNING WIDER 150, THE QUIETEST YACHT EVER BUILT TO RINA COMFORT CLASS, MAKES HER DEBUT APPEARANCE AT MONACO YACHT SHOW AND WINS THE MYS/RINA AWARD
It’s show time again in the yachting industry and WIDER are looking forward to attending the Monaco Yacht Show, from 28th September – 1st October, a spectacular location that is synonymous with the world of superyachts and the perfect setting to display the uniqueness of the WIDER SUPERYACHT and EXPRESS CRUISER DIVISIONS.
Ideally positioned at Quai Chicane C1, the WIDER 150 is accompanied by her two smaller siblings, as two WIDER 32 Express Cruisers will be visible around the Port Hercule during the Show. The remarkable design of the WIDER 150, which includes a 7m indoor/outdoor swimming pool, 75 square meter master stateroom, and her ability to run in near silence using only her batteries, has resulted in unprecedented levels of advance bookings to inspect the yacht.
WIDER 150 Genesi Photo by Jeff Brown
Already a multi award winner at the World Superyachts Awards and the World Yachts Trophy, we were delighted to receive further recognition for the WIDER 150 at the MYS Awards Ceremony, held in the sumptuous surroundings of the historical Salle Belle Époque at the Hôtel Hermitage on the eve of the show. 350 high profile guests attended the event and witnessed “Genesi” receive the 2016 MYS/RINA Award. This prestigious trophy rewards the most eco-friendly superyacht exhibited at the show, whose construction complies with a series of performance specifications as defined by the Italian classification company RINA.
“This has surpassed my expectations…this is now the fifth prestigious prize we have received for the WIDER 150…. And in the process we have beaten a number of more established shipyards. This is a team effort and would not be possible without the energy and passion of all involved with WIDER” – says Tilli Antonelli, WIDER founder and CEO.
MORE INFORMATION ON WIDER 150 ‘GENESI’.
Constructed entirely in aluminum to increase performance and allow for greater freedom and flexibility during the build process, the WIDER 150’s elegant silhouette was created by Fulvio De Simoni in collaboration with Tilli Antonelli and the in-house WIDER design team.
A recent winner of the prestigious Neptune award within her category at the World Superyacht Awards 2016, GENESI received the highest possible rating from RINA, with a perfect score of 100/100, for her class leading low levels of noise and vibration, the first time that this has ever been awarded. “Comfort Class is granted to vessels with outstandingly low levels of noise and vibration on board, significantly below the average yacht. These measurements were, of course, certified by our experts who undertook these readings during extensive sea trials. Among the yachts we have certified to date, “Genesi” is undoubtedly the best” declares Fiorenzo Spadoni, RINA Manager Italy Yachting Centre.
Wider 150 “Genesi” and 32′ Rigit Tender. Proto by Jeff Brown
GENESI provides a number of key features only usually found on larger vessels, which include, among others:
- A 90m2 Beach Club, including 7m pool – the biggest in its competitive set, a fantastic space, very much in vogue, but taken to the next level through the intelligent use of space and opening side hatches.
- Huge outdoor areas, totalling in excess of 350m2 (including the beach club).
- A 32’ Rigid Tender – unique in this size range, more usually only available on yachts of 65m+. This offers the owner additional freedom to enter small bays and creeks.
- 75m2 Owners Apartment, including a 5.6m2 sea terrace – Again, this is the biggest in class, meaning the owner can spend longer periods on board in greater comfort.
- An opening forward terrace– this gives the owner and guests total privacy at dock for al fresco dining or a spectacular position to relax while underway
- An ergonomically designed, wrap around, bridge with attached captain’s cabin
- Diesel Electric with Azimuthal pod Propulsion system coupled with 544kwh battery bank – Proven technology in the commercial and military markets as well as very large yachts, the only yacht of its size with this type of propulsion system and battery storage.
Wider 150 “Genesi” 7m pool. Photo by Jeff Brown
Wider 150 “Genesi”. Photo by Jeff Brown
The advantages of this system over traditional propulsion include:
- Ability to run solely on battery power for a full night or whilst using the beach club in complete silence – no noise or smoke or smell, just the sound of the waves lapping up against the side of the hull
- Flexibility of layout – no shafts, simply electric cables which link the power to the electric motors on the pods and supply all of the hotel systems. This has allowed for the engine room to be moved into the bow, liberating more usable space in the mid ships, which benefit the guest cabins.
- Reduced noise and vibration – The source of noise (the generators) has been displaced into the bow, the Power management system optimises the use of one or more generators to ensure that never producing more power than required at any given moment and electric motors are quieter meaning significant reduction in noise and vibration levels
- Fuel Efficiency and thus extended cruising range – just 84 lt per hour at 10kts offering 4700 mile range
- Shallow draft – 2m 20 – Allows access to more areas
- Increased reliability – electric motors have less moving parts and are less prone to failure
- Reduced maintenance – Because of the efficient use of the generators by the power management system, generator hours are reduced meaning that the time between overhaul is extended.
THE DIESEL ELECTRIC PROPULSION SYSTEM: PROVEN COMMERCIAL & MILITARY TECHNOLOGY USED IN A SUPERYACHT
The traditional engine room has been replaced by two separate units; the Power Generator Room in the bow and a Technical Room with LiPo (Lithium polymer) battery pack in the stern. This leaves the noblest part of the vessel free for larger, more comfortable guest cabins located in the most stable part of the yacht.
The overall propulsion system is completely modular, so GENESI can cruise using only the battery packs, in ZEM (Zero Emission Mode), or with up to four inline diesel generators. This means it can cruise at a higher range of speeds while continuing to enjoy limited specific fuel consumption.
All onboard energy sources are controlled by the WIDER Power Management System, a smart and fully integrated system which controls the power supplied by the shore connection, the gen-set and the battery packs, distributing it between the hotel requirements, the propulsion system and the recharging of batteries, as required.
Our special partner in this project, and the supplier of our Power Management system, is the market-leading Emerson Industrial Automation.
Wider 150 “Genesi”. Photo by Jeff Brown
A range of 2 500 nm is offered at a cruising speed of 13 knots, increasing to 4 700 nm at the economical speed of 10 knots. The yacht has a maximum speed of 14.1 knots and can also run at 5 knots when solely using batteries in Zero Emission Mode.
Inside, the WIDER 150 offers all of the comforts an owner demands at home while at sea.
The elegant, contemporary interiors designed by Ideaeitalia include furniture and leather supplied by Poltrona Frau and fabrics by Gentili Mosconi Home with large floor to ceiling windows throughout the main and upper deck lounge areas permitting sunlight to flood in and provide panoramic views of the sea. The upper deck features a sky lounge and dining area with sliding doors to the outside that can be hidden from view allowing for an indoor/outdoor dining experience. On the main deck, the spacious main saloon is divided into two large living spaces, one for relaxing the second a formal dining area.
Wider 150 Genesi Interior Design. Photo by Jeff Brown
Forward of the saloon is the 75m² full-beam owner’s suite that can also be split into two distinct areas, separated by sliding doors, an office / study and sleeping quarters including walk-in wardrobe, a sizeable 5.6m² sea terrace, as well as bathroom with 3m shower and custom made wooden bathtub.
The guest accommodation is equally generous meaning the WIDER 150 is as well suited for charter as for the owner’s friends; this consists of four en-suite cabins, 2 VIP’s and 2 standard, one of the latter also including a Pullman berth for a child.
The WIDER 150 is built to comply with the latest standards (LY3) for crew. Four twin cabins, a sizeable cabin for the captain next to the wheelhouse, and an ample crew mess. A central corridor gives direct access to the engine room, located at the furthest point from the guest accommodation.
Wider, Never Enough!