The world’s renowned J class yachts were admired by berth holders as well as visitors to MDL‘s Ocean Village earlier this month as the marina hosted yachts racing in the Solent Regatta and Hundred Guinea Cup.
Three J Class yachts – charter yacht Ranger, sailing yacht Lionheart and Velsheda superyacht, as well as Velsheda’s support vessel, motor yacht Bystander – were berthed at Ocean Village for the duration of the racing, allowing them easy access to the host club, Royal Southampton.
Debbie Burns, Manager at Ocean Village Marina, commented: “We were delighted to welcome the J Class yachts to Ocean Village. We pride ourselves on our specialist berthing facilities for large yachts, so it was great to be able to welcome these world-class boats.
“We’ve also had some great compliments from the J Class owners and from Royal Southampton Yacht Club, praising our staff for their attentive service, so we are all very proud and pleased to have been involved.”
Superyacht News Related to "Ocean Village Marina plays host to J Class Yachts"
- Ocean Village Marina to host four J Class yachts
- 2012 J Class Solent Regatta – Hundred Guinea Cup won by luxury yacht Lionheart
- 2012 J Class Solent Regatta: Day 3 – The overall winner becomes Velsheda superyacht
- Ocean Village Marina to welcome the Clipper 11-12 Round the World yachts
- J Class Solent Regatta – Day 1: Charter yacht Ranger currently leading