The Marine Industry Association has set new dates for two of its key boat shows and announced that the 2011 New Zealand Marine Industry Conference will be held in Queenstown next March.
This year’s Christchurch Boat Show will be held in the Christchurch Convention Centre in central Christchurch on July 16-18. Peter Busfield, show CEO and MIA executive director, says that, despite the new venue’s upmarket appearance and location, costs for both exhibitors and those attending the show will remain reasonable.
One of the MIA’s other key shows, the highly acclaimed Auckland International Boat Show, also has new dates. The 2011 show will be in September, during the Rugby World Cup.
“The 2011 Auckland International Boat Show will be one of the first shows to be held in the Viaduct’s new Events Centre,” says Peter Busfield. “Running the show at the same time as the world Cup will greatly increase the international exposure, for both the show and the marine industry as a whole.”
The 2011 New Zealand Marine Industry Conference is to be held at the Heritage Hotel in Queenstown on March 23-25.
“The Heritage is generally acknowledged as New Zealand’s finest conference venue,” says Peter Busfield. “It will provide a fitting setting for our conference theme: A New Vision for the Next Generation.”
Superyacht News Related to "New Zealand Marine industry sets key boat show and conference dates"
- New Zealand Marine Industry gathering to boost exports and maximise growth
- Dubai International Boat Show Wins Regional Marine Industry Award for 3rd Consecutive Year.
- New Zealand Marine Industry aims to grow 55% by 2015
- Optimism of Marine Industry at the 27th Annual Palm Beach International Boat Show
- 27th Annual Palm Beach International Boat Show Records Marine Industry Growth