Morgan Yachts unveiled their new Morgan 80 House Yacht at the 50th International Boat Show Genoa International, which will be launched in 2011.
The Morgan 80 Motor Yacht launches the new range of yachts that will take place alongside the traditional Fast Commuters (55, 70, 83 and 93), the 44 Lobster Boat Dinghy 33 and smaller. The Morgan House 80 Yacht is a semi-displacement boat of about 24 m in length and 6.40 meters in width, reinterpreting the classic design of the American navettas of the early twentieth century. Morgan is defining this project as ‘unlimited’, both in terms of durability and autonomy, in which the renewable energy, eco-friendliness and the use of recyclable materials such as steel, wood and aluminum express a shared understanding of classical seaworthiness.
The Morgan House 80 MotorYacht can be built in fiberglass or aluminum, depending on customer’s preferences. The boat will be able to transmit the values of robustness and reliability, but above all strength and durability. Morgan House 80 is a boat for life. Not forgetting of course all the comfort and safety levels of a modern boat.
INNOVATIVE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
The objective of the Morgan 80 House Yacht is also the environment. For this reason, the hull is designed to be highly energy efficient reaching a maximum speed of 18 knots, but she is also capable of safely sailing at 8 knots, reducing the costs and emissions. Morgan 80 House MotorYacht is also capable of reducing the emissions to zero, thanks to her hybrid propulsion, that allow her to sail unlimitedly, with an access to protected marine areas.
The main characteristics of the Morgan 80 House Yacht project are:
- RINA Certificate of “Green Star Clean Energy” and “Clean Propulsion”
- Hybrid diesel / electric propulsion
- Energy storage thanks to photovoltaic panels and thin films
- Natural ventilation system, better natural ventilation and consequently reduction of air conditioning
- Power consumption reduction on board
- Wood treatement options to ensure adequate protection, without altering it’s characteristics.
- Primary use of recycled materials
LIFE ON BOARD
Designed by Marco Mannino and Morgan Style Center, Morgan 80 House Yacht
is a vessel, designed to be fully appreciated and enjoyed, both in terms of space and time. She is designed to be like a floating apartment, where one escapes from the city life to enjoy the freedom of life at the sea.
The upper/fly deck features the helm station and an area of about 40 square metres, with a great part dedicated to the yacht tender storage and jet-ski storage. Most of the fly deck can be covered with an awning for guests comfort. The interior spaces of the Morgan 80 House Yacht are elegant with great attention to detail. The deck space is very airy and full of light. Living zones are in the stern area, the dining table in the middle and the kitchen forward. There are four cabins on the bridge deck, and two cabins for the crew. The owner can choose to add either an office, gym or a spa in this area.
Superyacht News Related to "Morgan 80 House Yacht"
- SHAMA 135 Raised Pilot House SuperYacht
- Unforgettable Fiji & South Pacific charter vacation aboard 54m luxury motor yacht NOBLE HOUSE
- Trinity House funds “future leaders of superyachting”
- Ben Ainslie to compete in the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Round the Island Race aboard the 49.5m charter yacht ELEONORA
- Azure Naval Architects Opens New In-house Yacht Design Department