When the going gets tough, the tough get going! It has been rated the toughest “Hobart” in 10 years, and once again Line Honours has been won by the McConaghy built sailing yacht Wild Oats XI, a Reichel Pugh 30m super maxi. This latest achievement by the Bob Oatley owned flyer, notches up its fifth victory in six years after surviving punishing gale force winds and sea conditions.
Mark Richards Skipper of Wild Oats X1, said that “the going was tough, the boat and crew revelled in these conditions”.
87 boats started the race, 18 boats retired with varying degrees of damage.
All three McConaghy Boats in the race came through with flying colours, finishing in the top ten. Wild Oats X1 1st, Loki 8th, Rodd & Gunn Wedgetail 9th (6th Place overall on Handicap).
McConaghy Boats have now won seven out of the last nine races, Wild Oats X1 (5) Alfa Romeo (2) which is a testimony to the craftsmanship and skill which goes into every McConaghy Boat.
Superyacht News Related to "McConaghy Boats win 7 out of the last 9 Rolex Sydney to Hobart Yacht Races"
- McConaghy Boats and The 2010 Rolex Sydney to Hobart Race
- Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: Fleet Trickle in to Hobart
- Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: Tactical Oceanographic Data now available for Hobart approaches
- Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: Big Seas and Breeze Continue to take a toll
- Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: Bass Strait Delivers Punishing Conditions