The prestigious German luxury yacht builder Lürssen is currently working on the acquisition of the Norderwerft yard located in Hamburg. The final negotiations are presumed to conclude within the next month.
If the negotiations conclude successfully, Lurssen is planning on starting the operation at its ‘new’ facility in autumn, focusing on repair and refit of vessels, further developing this already established part of its business. Currently, there are no plans to upgrade the Norderwerft facilities that include two floating docks, one of which measures 164m x 28m (lifting capacity of 12,500 tonnes) and the other 118m x 24 m (lifting capacity of 5,600 tonnes).
Lurssen is currently working on one of the most exciting projects in the yachting industry and the largest to be luxury yacht in the world – the 180m superyacht Project Azzam – an impressive vessel designed by Nauta Yacht Design, with a presumed delivery date in late 2013 or in 2014. Further important and beautiful yachts by Lurssen include the recently delivered 87m luxury yacht ACE and the soon to be delivered 147m motor yacht TOPAZ.
Superyacht News Related to "Lürssen to acquire its 6th facility located in Hamburg"
- 180m mega yacht PROJECT AZZAM by Lurssen – the new Largest Luxury Yacht in the World
- 180m motor yacht Project Azzam by Lurssen
- Monte Carlo Yachts (Beneteau Group) acquire Seaway Technologies Gulf of Trieste facility
- 85m Superyacht NIKI launched by Lürssen Yachts
- The 7th Lürssen Rowing Regatta hosted by Lürssen Yachts on May 11