With one year to go until the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games one thing is certain – London will play host to the largest number of superyachts ever seen on the Thames at one time. This spectacle, sure to become a tourist attraction in its own right will provide a massive boost to the UK superyacht industry and prove London and the Thames to be a successful if different destination for yachts of all sizes.
“We are very excited to see such levels of interest from yachts so far” Says Mark Upton, Director of MGMT. “We were always confident yachts would book for the Olympics but expected this to happen later in the year once the summer charter season ended. We have made a huge effort to keep the industry informed of our concierge services and also the fact that the popular tickets, hospitality, and services will sell out very quickly. It seems our efforts are paying off and the bookings are being made early to ensure visiting yachts receive the full benefit of all the services available.”
Superyacht News Related to "London 2012 Olympics to draw largest number of superyachts ever seen on the Thames"
- London 2012 Olympics: Superyachts hosted by Portland Port and Weymouth Bay
- 78 days left before superyachts head to London for the Olympics
- Royal Docks 2012 Progress at London Olympics
- Motor yacht LEGEND available to charter during the London 2012 Olympic Games
- ExCel & Burgess offer London Olympics 2012 superyacht Berths in London’s Royal Docks