IGY‘s three superyacht marinas in the Yacht Haven Grande Collection have received the ICOMIA Clean Marina Award (from The International Council of Marine Industry Associations). Meeting all of the ICOMIA requirements for an environmentally aware facility, Yacht Haven Grande in St. Thomas, Rodney Bay Marina in St. Lucia as well as The Yacht Club at Isle de Sol in St. Maarten have responsibly satisfied the initiatives to become “clean”.
Some of those efforts include:
- Proper waste and recycling management
- Clean and efficient storage of fuels and oils
- Prohibition of sewage discharge
- Inclusion in local Port Waste Management Plan
- Documented emergency (pollution and fire) plans
- Environmental policy property-wide
- Customer awareness advisement on environmental best practices
- Staff trained in environmental best practice.
As part of the Gold Anchor award, each marina is subject to the 3-year compulsory environmental audit by The Yacht Harbour Association on behalf of ICOMIA. The three superyacht marinas in the Collection are currently under review in the Gold Anchor program.
Superyacht News Related to "ICOMIA Clean Marina Award for IGY’s three superyacht marinas"
- Mourjan Marinas IGY wins the World of Yachts and Boats Recognition Award for Lusail Marina
- 2011 ICOMIA World Marinas Conference in Singapore Exceeds Expectations
- Turkish Celebi Superyacht Marina – Winner of the Gold Anchor Award
- Sanctuary Cove Marina accredited Clean Marina Level 3
- Mourjan Marinas IGY to manage Four Seasons Hotel Doha Superyacht Marina in Qatar