The prominent Taiwan-based luxury yacht builder, Horizon Group, has been dedicated to promoting marine activity in Taiwan and to developing eco-friendly yachts as well as yacht building processes for the past few years. The company has recently partnered with Taiwan’s Aletheia University, concretely the ASA sailing school, to create the “Horizon Yacht” sailing team, with the aim of taking part in the eighth China Club Challenge Match from October 1st to 7th 2012.
The “Horizon Yacht” team is led by vice general manager James Fwu and R&D manager Keith Chen of Horizon Group – these two leaders also hold the position of bowman (Fwu) and trimmer (Chen) during the match. The China Club Challenge Match marks the Horizon team’s first foray into sailing, and Horizon plans to take this event as an opportunity to engage more locals in boating and leisure activities.
The China Club Challenge Match will be held in Wuyuanwan, Xiamen, China, and the first phase of the contest will begin on October 1st. Among the 26 teams participating this year, only 16 will be selected to move forward into the second phase of the contest. More information on the event is available on the official China Club website.
Superyacht News Related to "“Horizon Yacht” sailing team to premiere at the 8th China Club Challenge Match"
- Rolex China Sea Race 2012: South China Sea Brings True Offshore Challenge
- 34th America’s Cup: Russell Coutts joins China Team in Sanya, China
- 34th America´s Cup: China Team to start training at Sanya Serenity Superyacht Marina in China
- 34th America’s Cup: Energy Team to Challenge
- 34th America´s Cup: China Team announces crew training in Sanya and competing in Naples World Series